• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Green not concerned about his draft status

teeray

So Megatron, Andre Johnson and Fitz weren't worth top 15 selections......okay buddy keep telling yourself that....

As for A.J. Green, I would be beyond excited if he was the pick. I want PP7 more then anybody else in the draft but if the pick was Green I wouldn't lose any sleep over it...the guy is going to be a stud in the NFL....

How many playoff games have either CJ or AJ won? How many have they even been to? WRs are the most overhyped players in all of Football. Even the greatest ever still need a good QB to get it to them (see Fitz when Warner retired). They touch the ball on average 6-8 times a game and can be completely taken out of the game unless you have a threat opposite them (see Smith).

If we pick Green it will be the dumbest move Hurney has made as of yet. WR are not worth a top 15 selection IMO. None that includes both Johnsons and Fitzgerald (other then that one SB run have the Cards amounted to anything and that was with Warner as QB). To me WR's and RB's can be found all over the draft and FA. Look at the success the Pats have had shopping in the cellar for WR talent.That goes for Jones as well. I would be fine with MD or Newton if we stay at #1 but otherwise there is no one to me that is worth a top 5 pick (maybe pp7 but I believe we are pretty solid at CB not to mention he is not as good as people are making him out to be). All in all this draft just sucks at the top.
:rofl: Look who is the QB of the Pats also. If we traded Gettis,Brandon, and AE to the Pats tomorrow. Tom Brady would make our current WRs minus Steve smith look like Star WRs in one full season. See Brady is that good that he doesn't need Big time WRs to get the job done. He just needs to have a decent running game and some decent WRs and a good TE and a real good oline and he is set.:wink:

How many playoff games have either CJ or AJ won? How many have they even been to? WRs are the most overhyped players in all of Football. Even the greatest ever still need a good QB to get it to them (see Fitz when Warner retired). They touch the ball on average 6-8 times a game and can be completely taken out of the game unless you have a threat opposite them (see Smith).

I guess teams didn't do a good job taking CJ or AJ "completely out of the game" then since they both had over 70 catches, 1100 yards and a low of 8 touchdowns....oh and as for Fitz....even with a QB situation that may rival ours he had 90 catches for 1137 yards and 6 touchdowns. So would you like to argue that any of the above were completely taken out of games....

:rofl: Look who is the QB of the Pats also. If we traded Gettis,Brandon, and AE to the Pats tomorrow. Tom Brady would make our current WRs minus Steve smith look like Star WRs in one full season. See Brady is that good that he doesn't need Big time WRs to get the job done. He just needs to have a decent running game and some decent WRs and a good TE and a real good oline and he is set.:wink:

Same with Rogers, Manning and Brees. Hell even Rivers went most of the year with zero star receivers. Yes a great QB play can make mediocre WR play look better but a great WR can make a mediocre QB look better as well....(see Jake Delhomme circa 2003-2008).....

Man dude at like CJ and AJ has to do all the work for their teams just to make the playoffs. It ain't about how good they are. Even the best of WRs can only do so much. It takes the whole team to win and get to the playoffs. The only reason these guys ain't been to no playoffs is because their team plan suck balls. Man your points are not good enough bro. WRs are worth taking in the of the first round.

Same with Rogers' date=' Manning and Brees. Hell even Rivers went most of the year with zero star receivers. Yes a great QB play can make mediocre WR play look better but a great WR can make a mediocre QB look better as well....(see Jake Delhomme circa 2003-2008).....[/quote']VEry true bro. It works both ways.:p

Man dude at like CJ and AJ has to do all the work for their teams just to make the playoffs. It ain't about how good they are. Even the best of WRs can only do so much. It takes the whole team to win and get to the playoffs. The only reason these guys ain't been to no playoffs is because their team plan suck balls. Man your points are not good enough bro. WRs are worth taking in the of the first round.

Same with Rogers' date=' Manning and Brees. Hell even Rivers went most of the year with zero star receivers. Yes a great QB play can make mediocre WR play look better but a great WR can make a mediocre QB look better as well....(see Jake Delhomme circa 2003-2008).....[/quote']

Your making my point. Great WR's do not make great teams. However great QB's or D's do. You go after guys like that when you already have an established QB when a star WR is the last piece of the puzzle. If you think WR was the reason we went 2-14 you are sadly mistaken.

Read this article if you don't believe me.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_3677_A_CHFF_theory_elevated_to_Man_Law.html

Archived