• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

And again, trade Moore and Clausen.

Awesomeness!!

Last year when we drafted Clausen I said that we should trade either Moore or Clausen (I wanted it to be Clausen since Moore had played so well to end the season) or else these guys would end up like Derick Anderson and Brady Quinn. Well.....they ended up like Derick Anderson and Brady Quinn. Having young guys at QB never seems to work. Don't ask me why, it just doesn't. Both of these guys suck now and serve no real purpose on the roster. Release them both, and bring in some vets to start and help Cam when he is ready to start.

That makes about as much sense as saying this...

Let's send Jon Kasey, Everette Brown, and Jordan Gross down to Hattiesburg to convince Brett Favre to return for one more season so that he can coach up Cam Newton!!!!

If anything... Check out this Video... It's HILARIOUS!!!

This is all just a JOKE by the way!!!! LMAO!!!!!

:lurk5::lurk5:

Clausen could end up being trade no matter who the Panthers draft. I remember hearing a report back in early March that teams were interested in Clausen. Now, the chances the Panthers would get anything more than a late round pick is unlikely but it likely to happen if Hurney (the reported last man that still believes in Clausen) no longer believes in Clausen.

Moore on the other hand is still valuable to the team but not so much on the open market. While he really struggled in those first couple of games I really wonder how much of that was him and how much was the total lack of professionalism coming from Fox which I do believe mailed it in last year. Moore may still be worth keeping around based on the end of 2009. He isn't a long term solution but he could still be a short term solution.

The forgoten QB in all of this is Tony Pike. Some on here wanted him in the 2nd last year before the draft. I have always liked his size and style and think he very well could develop, with the right coaching, into a long term solution.

I would agree that a vetern QB would be great to bring in no matter who is kept and who, if anyone, is drafted. I have said multiple time that Derek Anderson is a great option just based on his history with Chud's offense but there are others out there as well that could very well be great options in the "vet/mentor" role. Some are more in line with starting games like Bulger and Hasselbeck while others are simply just mentors like Voleck.

Archived