• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mayock Officially Becomes a Hater

mav1234

I don't think Mayock liked Clausen's intangibles at all and I really don't think he had him in his top ten at any point... even if he called him a "top 10 prospect."

Can't find any actual list with him in the top 10.

Watch the updated vid in my post, Mayock calls him a top 10 prospect... why would Mayock call him a top 10 prospect if he didn't think he was?

In another vid, Mayock commented that he thought Clausen might go 9th overall to the Bills.

Same thing he said about Russell and Vince Young

ohlookhewasright

Vince Young is a pretty decent player. The guy won some games. I think the big problem with Young is he need a better support system and he just really needs to grow up and watch his attitude. As for Russell he set a bad example for black people. Im not been racist because I am black.

Admits Cam has the physical and mental tools but questions Cam's desire to be great based on a gut feeling?

Well, that gives me a gut feeling about Mayock.

after watching Gruden, I don't think Cam has the mental tools or atleast not on the same level as an Andy Dalton even, who was much more impressive than Cam.

...now that I've re-watched the video what he actually says is that Clausen is a top 10 prospect and if you buy into the kid, then you buy into the top 10.

that's virtually the same language he has used about Newton..

In fact he said about Clausen he's a top ten pick from a talent perspective and if you buy into the kid you've gotta buy into the top 10.

This goes along with his other statements about his character.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d817695a5/article/williams-jumps-to-no-7-prospect-big-12-dominates-top-10

17. Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame

He can make all the NFL throws, but his intangibles need to be looked at closely.

after watching Gruden, I don't think Cam has the mental tools or atleast not on the same level as an Andy Dalton even, who was much more impressive than Cam.

Mayock says in the interview "I think the kid is smart enough."

Quotes from here: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/25/mayock-on-cam-newton-i-dont-know-how-great-he-wants-to-be/

Actual interview here: http://www.danpatrick.com/2011/04/25/nfl-networks-mike-mayock-raises-questions-about-newton-mallett/

Didn't get to listen to it.

Not sure I agree, but hey. He's welcome to his opinion and he has seen far more of him than I have. Someone who isn't at work, listen to the interview and see if he says anything other than a "gut feeling"?

Does this change anyone's opinion of Newton's success? I was honestly surprised to hear such strong language from Mayock on him. He seemed as if Newton had been slowly moving on up. This is a drastic change and one that kind of worries me since I do respect Mayock's opinion and I also think we're looking closely at Cam.

LMAO at anyone using the term Hater anymore. Time to grow up children. That said, the man is stating his opinion and I feel his opinion on this issue is more fact than not.

I have said all along the kid is going to get his millions then bust and not give a poo.

LMAO at anyone using the term Hater anymore. Time to grow up children. That said, the man is stating his opinion and I feel his opinion on this issue is more fact than not.

I have said all along the kid is going to get his millions then bust and not give a poo.

Hater

dude the title was mostly a joke about the fact so many of us get called haters, chill out, lol

edit: I've been called a hater more times than Mayock, and you know what they say... takes one to know one, so! ;)

Well it could also be viewed as a backhanded compliment.He raves about his physcial attributes and trashes him with a gut feeling.

It is understandible given his past at Florida and like it or not his father has has a sleaze factor that I believe has undermined his son.Nothing is conclusive but it does not have to be when you are about to part with that much money.He seems that he is working very hard but if I were an owner I would be looking into his father as well.I have seen several clips where it appears his father his controls much of what he does.I do not trust the guy.

I'm not surprise at the comments! I only expect for it to get worse in the days leading up to the draft. Almost ever negative thing said about Cam is someones personal opinion. I usually skip over Cam articles when it's filled with a bunch of opinions. I'm more interested in talking about the facts.

I challenge anyone to make a list of Cam's Pro's and Con's using nothing but facts. I guaranteed you'll be hard press to find any con's other than the cheating/suspension, and the purchasing of stolen property, but I'm sure you can go on for days listing his pro's when using facts only. Men Lie, Women Lie, Numbers don't!

Archived