• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I'm trying to get myself excited about taking Newton #1 overall

Ricky Spanish

Actually I was able to use Jimmy pretty good in Madden because his short passing accuracy was pretty good. I just couldn't do play action or throw it deep with him.

That was last year's Madden though. I'm pretty sure good old JC rating is going to drop in the upcoming Madden. Think QB Jeff Lewis type rating. JC has taken a beating this off season in the media and by fans.

Cam is going to have that "new 1st pick in draft/high potential but no idea how to rate him" bonus on Madden. He'll probably be at least a 78 with 83 speed and high 80 elusiveness and agility.

I have trouble understanding why this team would even consider drafting Newton at #1.

He isn't even one of the top 10 rated players in the draft.

He has off the field issues.

His personality/attitude is questionable.

His football, and more particularly his QB IQ is questionable.

He comes from a spread offense.

He only started one year in college.

He isn't even the top rated QB in the draft.

His accuracy is questionable.

I've heard he doesn't fit in to the Panthers offensive system.

Too many questions.

To be fair... these are the pros...

Very mobile, good arm.

Playmaking abilities.

JC championship, NCAA championship with undefeated season. In a touch conference.

Has better mechanics than Vince Young or The Golden Calf of Bristol.

He will obviously sell jerseys.

He will sell tickets, apparently.

Here's a question...

Does drafting Newton make some of our players (Steve Smith and DWill) want to return to play for the Panthers?

Still not convinced we are taking Newton. We are going to try like hell to trade the pick. I would even take Buffalo's third rounder (67) and their fourth (101).

I don't think they are that desperate..maybe just some fans who don't want newton lol

I do not think drafting Newton means Smitty stays in fact I suspect the total opposite. Could encourage D-Will to because he did say he wanted to see a team commit to a QB, so if we draft Cam and look like we commit to him he may be more eager to stay.

I do not think drafting Newton means Smitty stays in fact I suspect the total opposite. Could encourage D-Will to because he did say he wanted to see a team commit to a QB, so if we draft Cam and look like we commit to him he may be more eager to stay.

please smitty's never completely content if his QB's not named Jake

please smitty's never completely content if his QB's not named Jake

I'll be honest with you. I don't think Smitty was the biggest Jake fan. Jake hardly ever threw an accurate pass. It was almost always thrown behind the WRs. It worked to his advantage on the sideline routes. But it hurt across the middle.

So first we had a month of bitchin from the cam detractors about how we shouldn't draft him. Now if we do, I guess we will have another month about how we are screwed and will never recover. Then months of bitchin if he sits the bench or plays and struggles.

Oh JOY!!!!

Too bad if he plays well in a year or two we surely won't be getting any apologies or admissions they were wrong.

Archived