• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jimmy Clausen

Ashor

Jimmy made great throws last season. Let's not discredit plays that he made because of a low quarterback rating that reflected our overall team's performance last season.

Hmmm.......what 6 or 7 great throws out of how many attempts?

Jimmy made great throws last season. Let's not discredit plays that he made because of a low quarterback rating that reflected our overall team's performance last season.

if A QB rating rated the team, it would be called a team rating. Jimmy earned that abysmal rating with abysmal play. he had maybe, MAYBE 10-15 throws that were big league throws out of 10 starts. that's about 1 good throw per game out of about 20 throws per game.

that's not good. neither is clausen. you scoff at the idea that if matt is here next year he is starting over jimmy. too bad if Matt's here, it's going to happen because jimmy is horrendous.

It was a bad season last year and Jimmy been a rookie didnt make it any better. He really got blame for a lot but thats how it is he was the QB. The FO had to do what they had to do. They had to take Newton. I believe what really made the decision was if they would have passed on him and he turned out to be good and jimmy not do so well it would have been a bad decision and they were going to have to keep searching for a QB or even be out of a job. The odds were a lil bit better for them taking him because if he works out good, but if he dont then they are screwed. They could be out of a job either way but by them taking a chance on Newton and if they coach him up the way he needs to be. He will be a good QB.

Hmmm.......what 6 or 7 great throws out of how many attempts?

Not as many as you think. He has potential by making big time NFL throws. It's not like he would have a perfect passer rating in every game. There are learning curves and obviously his situation was probably the hardest in the NFL since we were the worst offensive team.

Hope the best for everyone. I want the competition to be great and make everyone better. I actually hope someone steps up...Clausen or Moore, or someone, so that Cam does not have to start at the beginning of the season. I think he should have a few plays to run and have the chance to learn before being thrown into the fire. Of course....if Clausen proves to be the QB he thinks he is...that would be fine too. Let's just be great. All of us.

I dedicate this to the Huddle because there aren't many people on here that support Jimmy Clausen. I represent a small group who actually want him to remain the starter and I still feel that he should be the franchise guy.

the worst video i have ever seen

Not as many as you think. He has potential by making big time NFL throws. It's not like he would have a perfect passer rating in every game. There are learning curves and obviously his situation was probably the hardest in the NFL since we were the worst offensive team.

You have absolutely, got to be kidding me. Are you his agent or something???? Jimmy Clausen literally has no business being in the NFL. You put ME in the game and I would have had one decent throw a game. That video you made is the most pathetic thing I have ever seen but hopefully it makes him viable trade bait. Jimmy is done here. Finished. Over. Gone. He couldn't see over the defensive line if someone gave him a little Jimmy stepping stool. GET OVER IT.

regardless of what some of these clausen-ites think, the bottom line is that he can't play in this league and will always be viewed as a wasted pick that could have taken golden tate or mardy gilyard or a handful of other talents. The only up-side from us taking clausen last year was that it didn't cost that much

/thread

Archived