• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rebuilding year was last year...

Rebuilding takes longer than one season.

There are plenty of teams who have gotten above .500 and in the playoffs in less than a year. As far as that area concerned it's not far off. If the lockout destroys TC and preseason then Rivera will take a mulligan.

I think we have all the pieces in place to be competitive, but we lack experience at the QB and WR positions. So I would expect good defense, a good rushing attack, and a bad passing game. The difference is that Cam will be able to make plays by scrambling, whereas Clausen would be sacked.

I think the people who are saying that Cam won't be able to scramble at the NFL level are dead wrong. He's going to be a terror when gets outside the pocket and takes off.

Cam would have done better than Clausen did last year, I am pretty sure about that. Clausen's hurt foot didn't help the matter any. I think Clausen is a year 2 or 3 guy and we haven't scratched the surface yet. I think we will see a big difference in him with Cam on his heels which may win him the starting job..for this season anyway. Cam can physically start, but realistically it's going to take him a while to get the playbook down, get comfortable in the pro-style offense, and learn the audibles for protecting his ass and reacting to the defense. Clausen was "pro-ready" last year and really struggled with that.

Summary: This years QB job is Jimmy's to lose unless Cam turns into some sort of nerd genius in a very short time

I think we have all the pieces in place to be competitive, but we lack experience at the QB and WR positions. So I would expect good defense, a good rushing attack, and a bad passing game. The difference is that Cam will be able to make plays by scrambling, whereas Clausen would be sacked.

I think the people who are saying that Cam won't be able to scramble at the NFL level are dead wrong. He's going to be a terror when gets outside the pocket and takes off.

Vick is pretty much the greatest and most gifted scrambler out there and he's never really been an unstoppable terror like the most gifted pocket passers with similar salaries.

Newton is slower and weighs more. He's not going to be a terror when he takes off.

Rolls outs and QB sneaks would be more terrifying.

i view last year as the dismantling or, better yet, the demolition era.

this year is when things get rebuilt.

the six million dollar man couldn't get turned into that until steve austin crashed that plane. last year was the plane crash.

they'll rebuild and make the panthers better than they were before. better. stronger. faster.

for those unfortunate souls born too late...

Vick is pretty much the greatest and most gifted scrambler out there and he's never really been an unstoppable terror like the most gifted pocket passers with similar salaries.

Newton is slower and weighs more. He's not going to be a terror when he takes off.

you think anyone wants to stand in front of that guy when he takes off? lol.

They both put fear in opposing defenders it's just different running styles. The analogy that I've used before is Vick runs like Chris Johnson & Young Cam runs more like Adrian Peterson.

you think anyone wants to stand in front of that guy when he takes off? lol.

If he tried to "truck" people in the NFL like he did in college they will be carrying him off on a stretcher.

You DO NOT want your QB to be running and taking hits like Adrian Peterson does.

He MUST learn the art of limiting the hits that he takes....that is a fact.

We could have easily had 5 wins last year with a little more competent QB play.

that's what happens with Davidson and Scherer leading the way..

I don't know about QB sneaks, but roll outs, shorter timed routes, screens, spread the field with more receivers (throw Goodson in there), oh.. and how about starting off with a few quick passes just to get your QB in rhythm and build some confidence?

Archived