• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thomas davis

Snake

Anyone interested to see how Meeks is gonna use him. IMO Trgo never use him to his ability and that was as a pass rushing LB. Him and Beason are two stellar LBs and if Meeks can make the Colts LBs look good think about what he can do for ours.

I thought that moving Davis to the weak side this year hurt him. I'm not really sure why they did that unless they wanted him to continue to be on the same side as Peppers. I would like to see him go back over to the strong side where I think he was able to be more effective with Beason in the middle.

I also like Diggs but he isn't the greatest and he is also getting up there in age. Conner was a steal but if you are going to have Beason in the middle with Davis on the weak side you are effectively placing Conner as a backup as he does not have the skills to play the strong side. So by moving Davis back to the strong side I think you give the opportunity to have your three best linebackers on the field at the position that they are most suited.

Although I do question if that can happen this season with Conner being out for most of the season with an injury. Even if Diggs remained the starter I think it would be better for him to move back to the weak side and let Davis take the strong. JMO though.

I thought that moving Davis to the weak side this year hurt him. I'm not really sure why they did that unless they wanted him to continue to be on the same side as Peppers. I would like to see him go back over to the strong side where I think he was able to be more effective with Beason in the middle.

I also like Diggs but he isn't the greatest and he is also getting up there in age. Conner was a steal but if you are going to have Beason in the middle with Davis on the weak side you are effectively placing Conner as a backup as he does not have the skills to play the strong side. So by moving Davis back to the strong side I think you give the opportunity to have your three best linebackers on the field at the position that they are most suited.

Although I do question if that can happen this season with Conner being out for most of the season with an injury. Even if Diggs remained the starter I think it would be better for him to move back to the weak side and let Davis take the strong. JMO though.

The move was supposed to be to free him up to use his speed and instincts. Supposed to have been blitzed a lot. Which is what I was getting at earlier, if we used his talents, speed and instincts right and used him more often in blitz's I think he could end up with 7 -8 sacks.

If used right? He got 113 tackles and 3.5 sacks as an OLB in a 4-3 defense. I don't see how you get that he was used wrong.

I didn't think they used him aggressively enough with his speed and moving him to the Weakside he should be able to get more blitzing opportunity's but we really didn't use him that way. I never said he had a bad year or anything. I just think we could be more aggressive with our approach with his play.

I didn't think they used him aggressively enough with his speed and moving him to the Weakside he should be able to get more blitzing opportunity's but we really didn't use him that way. I never said he had a bad year or anything. I just think we could be more aggressive with our approach with his play.

I agree. It wasn't that he had a bad season but I expected to see him continue to develop into a force as a LB and compared to 07 I felt he was less aggressive and really didn't have the same impact he had the previous season. Solid but not amazing. I could also say the same with Harris as well. Maybe I was expecting to much out of those two. They both had great years but I was just hoping/expecting more...

Only two OLBs in the entire league had better numbers, and neither of them had a John Beason in the middle racing them to make the play. Five 4-3 scheme OLBs had more sacks, and the most any of them had was 5 (Davis had 3.5). OLBs get big sack numbers in the 3-4, but we don't run that.

Davis had an outstanding year. If he repeats his performance he could be joining Beason in the Pro Bowl. He was a real bright spot, and wasn't misused at all.

Archived