• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam up Close

Sword

he did say this is where he would be if he had control of the situation.

You can call me a pessimist, but do you think THIS is really where he would be if REALLY had control of the situation? I'm not a Cam hater or anything, and I'm looking forward to see what he will bring this team, but realistically, it just doesn't seem like many prospects would want to come to our team especially after the season we just had. I know this is our only losing season since we've had John Fox, but even when we were legit and playoff contenders, I just never felt much love from the media or other players alike. Idk, it's probably just me. I love the Carolina Panthers, and if I were a football player, I'd want to come here, but I just don't know if he had the chance to choose, would he have chose us? Either way, it doesn't really matter because he's here now, and he IS a Carolina Panther.

You can call me a pessimist, but do you think THIS is really where he would be if REALLY had control of the situation? I'm not a Cam hater or anything, and I'm looking forward to see what he will bring this team, but realistically, it just doesn't seem like many prospects would want to come to our team especially after the season we just had. I know this is our only losing season since we've had John Fox, but even when we were legit and playoff contenders, I just never felt much love from the media or other players alike. Idk, it's probably just me. I love the Carolina Panthers, and if I were a football player, I'd want to come here, but I just don't know if he had the chance to choose, would he have chose us? Either way, it doesn't really matter because he's here now, and he IS a Carolina Panther.

What?

i do think that after spending time with the team like he did he probably di really want to come here. before the whoe draft process he probably had other ideas, but come draft day i have little problem believing that the coaching staff, hurney and esp. richardson helped make this the place he wanted to be.

anyone with half a clue knows Carolina shouldn't be viewed as that 2-14 team with no glimmer of hope..

look at the coaches.. look at the players.. if you can't get excited to come here, then you're not in this to win football games.

anyone with half a clue knows Carolina shouldn't be viewed as that 2-14 team with no glimmer of hope..

look at the coaches.. look at the players.. if you can't get excited to come here, then you're not in this to win football games.

Yeah I know I hear these fools on ESPN say the Panthers don't have any talent. Excuse me but I bet any coach in the league would look at our roster and disagree.

Are Steve Smith, Jon Beason, DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart not talented?

What about our 2 Pro Bowl offensive linemen Jordan Gross and Ryan Kalil?

Or what about that guy Charles Johnson who had more sacks than Julius Peppers?

I think Cam dreaded the idea of ending up in a place like Buffalo or Cincinnati... you can say want you want about our 2-14 season but we were 12-4 just two years ago. Charlotte is also pretty close to Atlanta where he's from, so he'll be near family.

As for talent, the external scouting service we use had us rated 10th overall in terms of talent going into last season.... we needed a coaching staff who gives a damn and a QB and we got both.

I think Cam dreaded the idea of ending up in a place like Buffalo or Cincinnati... you can say want you want about our 2-14 season but we were 12-4 just two years ago. Charlotte is also pretty close to Atlanta where he's from, so he'll be near family.

I didn't even think about that. His family can drive to see all of his home games.

As for talent, the external scouting service we use had us rated 10th overall in terms of talent going into last season.... we needed a coaching staff who gives a damn and a QB and we got both.

yep.. this woman who graduated Auburn loves some Cam Newton.. I told her he couldn't have went to a better team. All we needed was a somewhat intelligent coaching staff and a QB to make it back to the playoffs.

I feel we did better than a "somewhat intelligent" coaching staff and if Cam's intelligence, handle of pressure, and intangibles are as reports claim (that continue to come out), then Panther fans have a bright future.

and I've had to hold back my tongue for a whole year.. I'm ready to talk some serious trash, and plenty of targets are on the radar...

DON'T LET ME DOWN TEAM!

I really liked this video. Cam normally comes off as someone very sure of himself. In this video, you could see a bit of anxiety and emotion about the things in front of him.

His little brother is a sharp little dude as well. Say what you want about his father, but anyone with an open mind can see that Cam comes from a very strong family structure, and that will help him a great deal when the going gets tough.

Archived