• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Combine, Day 2

methodtoll

The forty is completely overrated by all means. Sure he needs speed but I wouldn't rule him out just because he is not the fastest guy out there

The 40 is not overrated. Speed is huge for a WR. It just can't be the only thing you focus on.

Nicks seems to be the type of guy I wouldn't want to give 1st round pressure or money to, so if he goes then he'll almost certainly be a bust.

I hope he goes in the second or later.

The 40 is not overrated. Speed is huge for a WR. It just can't be the only thing you focus on.

Nicks seems to be the type of guy I wouldn't want to give 1st round pressure or money to, so if he goes then he'll almost certainly be a bust.

I hope he goes in the second or later.

Agreed on WRs. If you have blazing speed, your route running doesn't need to be flawless for you to adapt to the NFL game. That's what you look for in a 1st rounder.. someone who can make an impact right now.

Still believe that the 40 is overrated... There is a lot more to being a receiver then just speed and I feel that the QB/WR drills are a lot more important at the Combine then the 40...

On top of that, none of them are wearing pads so it is hard to determine what their actual speed will be.

Agreed on WRs. If you have blazing speed, your route running doesn't need to be flawless for you to adapt to the NFL game. That's what you look for in a 1st rounder.. someone who can make an impact right now.

troy williamson is why the 40 is over rated. cant catch or run a route and selected 7th overall. i will take a solid pass catcher that can run crisp routes and understands how to use his body every day over the guy that can just run quick and jump high.

Robiskie is really putting on a show, he understands how the heck to use his hands. dillard showed throughout college he understood how to be a wr. i'll take them (and nicks) over DHB, knoxs, and mike wallace. they ran fast great, but did they produce on the field like some of the others that ran .1 sec slower? hardly.

Still believe that the 40 is overrated... There is a lot more to being a receiver then just speed and I feel that the QB/WR drills are a lot more important at the Combine then the 40...

On top of that, none of them are wearing pads so it is hard to determine what their actual speed will be.

I agree it's over rated, Game speed is much more important. Separation, route running, first step burst and cutting ability are much more important for a wr then overall speed.

Archived