• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I'm on the Derek Anderson bandwagon....

anderson would bring a cancer to the team that it doesn't need. the dude has a bad attitude. always has. we don't need that crap around anyone on this team.

screw what he did one year out of two with chud. he's been nothing but crap the rest of the time he's been in the league.

So you are of the belief that Anderson's Pro Bowl season was a fluke? It had nothing to do with the offense he was in?

Jake was a great QB for us. Did a lot of great things for us. Ran this team and a couple years carried us further than we should have ever gone.

But bringing Jake back to mentor Cam in an offense he is unfamiliar with is not very wise. Anderson or Volek would be my choice just because of the familiarity.

Yes I believe Anderson's pro bowl season was a fluke. He was God awful in the same offense with the same personnel the next year and was perhaps the worst quarterback to see consistent time in the league this last season.

Jake has done some great things for us and Colt McCoy credited him numerous times for helping him transition to the NFL. No one talks about how Anderson worked with the young quarterbacks in Arizona.

I just feel like Anderson and Volek are not mentors and they are not any good. I understand the logic behind the move and support it if we go that way, but if you want to get a veteran Jake makes more sense to me. I understand that Anderson was in the offense, but it was only for two years and he got progressively worse at it. He's not some seasoned vet who has run some variation of it for ten years. He got hot for ten or twelve games and that's it.

Yes I believe Anderson's pro bowl season was a fluke. He was God awful in the same offense with the same personnel the next year and was perhaps the worst quarterback to see consistent time in the league this last season.

Jake has done some great things for us and Colt McCoy credited him numerous times for helping him transition to the NFL. No one talks about how Anderson worked with the young quarterbacks in Arizona.

I just feel like Anderson and Volek are not mentors and they are not any good. I understand the logic behind the move and support it if we go that way, but if you want to get a veteran Jake makes more sense to me. I understand that Anderson was in the offense, but it was only for two years and he got progressively worse at it. He's not some seasoned vet who has run some variation of it for ten years. He got hot for ten or twelve games and that's it.

agreed on all points.

anderson would bring a cancer to the team that it doesn't need. the dude has a bad attitude. always has. we don't need that crap around anyone on this team......

I didn't know that.....I don't want that either.

Give me Volek

If Chud can get something out of Derek Anderson, then I don't see why he couldn't get 6-10 games out of Matt Moore..

Moore has to be an upgrade over that dude.....

Good Point and at least Moore is familiar with whom he is throwing too.

I didn't know that.....I don't want that either.

Give me Volek

Good Point and at least Moore is familiar with whom he is throwing too.

don't want volek either. dude ran away from competition in tenn. he thought he should be heir to mcnair and got pissed when the coaching staff didn't think he was putting in enough work and went out and brought in kerry collins to light a fire under his butt and he went and whined for a trade anywhere. he's been content to sit as a backup ever since.

sorry...he's got nothing i want my QB to learn unless i want him to learn to run from competition or settle for mediocrity in life.

won't say anything else about volek. i've been in too many discussions about him and he isn't worth a rehashing of them. i don't care what system he knows. i don't want that guy around any of our QBs as a mentor.

If given a choice, I'd take Jake back.

Yeah if we're going to bring in some busted down quarterback physically take snaps until Newton is absolutely ready, I would greatly prefer Jake over an other broken down guy out there. At least watching him and Cam on the sideline would be kind of funny. Derek Anderson is terrible and isn't going to impart any wisdom on the rookie. Maybe Jake could even get Clausen to not seem like a tremendous douche.

it was reported on NFLN this weekend that the Browns are going to make Jake play for the vet minimum if he returns. doesn't get any cheeper than that.

it was reported on NFLN this weekend that the Browns are going to make Jake play for the vet minimum if he returns. doesn't get any cheeper than that.

after what we paid him to leave...he won't be hurting.

Archived