• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lucas nixes deal to Detroit; could be cut

CanadianCat

Gantt is right, the bridges may have been burned. Might as well try to get something for him, even if it is just a sixth rounder.

Having 11 million cap hit over two years off the books would be a big help.

That is his salary. His cap hit is a lot more that that. I think it is something like 9 million per year.

Well the funny thing is if you go to the detroit lions forum [Link]- http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums...d.php?t=333830 : Most of their fans actually wanted Ken Lucas and were sad they did not get him. That cracks me off LMAO!!!

Would you not want him if you were a Lions fan?

I'm not altogether sure that I want him out of here, though I don't think we're going to keep him on after all this mess. It really is a shame it's worked out this way.

Hmmmm...not sure the exact reasons Luc nixed the trade...maybe he doesn't want to start all over with a bad franchise at his age, a thought with which I would definitely sympathize. But their new HC Schwartz is a pretty respected DC and might have been good for Luc.

I believe he nixed it for the same reason he's being shopped, he apparently has no interest in re-working his contract, that plus he's at an age that if he's getting dealt it better be to a team with a chance at a ring.

I can't imagine the Panthers would shop him if he was willing to make a deal, why not make the deal themselves. I can't understand why they would have even attempted to move him to a non contender that wanted to re-work his contract. I admit the whole thing confuses me.

IDK if I would put Pep and Luc in the same category KG. I don't really blame Luc for not wanting to go to Det and nixing it. It's the only form of control a guy under contract really has other than holding out (which I hate). If they made it clear to him he was getting shopped, he doesn't really "owe" them a "yes" to rework his contract to go to a team he doesn't want to go to IMO... in light of his being a good soldier all along. Admittedly, I don't know the whole situation though.

Pep's only "fault" in my eyes was the public ugliness he put out through his agent. He has a right to move on as well.

Archived