• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How long will the Observer last?

Zod

The print version will go down like most other print newspapers across the country. It's too bad. I guess I'm old fashioned, but I love reading a newspaper. I also don't understand why anyone would want the business to fold because they disagree with the newspaper's politics. I mean, are you so cynical and hard-hearted that you don't care that lot of people will be losing their livelihoods (including employees who have nothing to do with writing the allegedly liberal content)?

The print version will go down like most other print newspapers across the country. It's too bad. I guess I'm old fashioned, but I love reading a newspaper. I also don't understand why anyone would want the business to fold because they disagree with the newspaper's politics. I mean, are you so cynical and hard-hearted that you don't care that lot of people will be losing their livelihoods (including employees who have nothing to do with writing the allegedly liberal content)?

I didn't say I want to put the paper out of business nor that I want people to lose their jobs, only that I did not choose to subscribe to it anymore. We all have our own opinions about politics and, while the Observer may reflect yours, it does not reflect mine.

I like to chill on Saturday and Sunday mornings and read the paper with music and coffee. I dont really read it for news, more for commentary and in-depth reporting (such as it is at the Observer). Other than that I don't have time during the week and can get news anytime anywhere.

Archived