• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you go to church?

Brokenbad

Haven't been in over two years at least. I love having a full 2 day weekend. I gained like 52 vacation days when I became agnostic lol Seriously it's pretty fuging awesome. Today I'm going to clean my windows. Hang out at the pool. Spend some time with my kid playing, play some video games and who knows what else.

nope... haven't since moving out of my parents house besides the occassional Easter and Christmas service (which i think looks even worse than me not going at all... but i'll appease my father for all he's done for me)

hate the church tho... doom and gloom with a bajillion old people. all they can talk about is who's died, who's about to die, etc., etc. i feel like i should be going to church to be uplifted, not to find out what my eternal 'prison' sentence is going to be

can't stand the place. seems like every church i've ever been to is full of hypocrits anyway. the time between sunday school and church is just filled with people running around gossiping about this, that and the other thing. just feels totally wrong to me

(and yes, i'm sure there's better churches out there... just sharing my experiences with the churches my parents tend to attend, and therefore i attend on occassion)

Guest MaskedMilitant

Much like what Crixttala said, I can't stand the hypocrisy. Haven't been in over 10 years. Last one I went to right before the sermon started the "jumbo tron" came on and the preacher started asking for money. I got up and walked out.

Haven't been in over two years at least. I love having a full 2 day weekend. I gained like 52 vacation days when I became agnostic lol Seriously it's pretty fuging awesome. Today I'm going to clean my windows. Hang out at the pool. Spend some time with my kid playing, play some video games and who knows what else.

Um, you can still do all that.

Much like what Crixttala said, I can't stand the hypocrisy. Haven't been in over 10 years. Last one I went to right before the sermon started the "jumbo tron" came on and the preacher started asking for money. I got up and walked out.

I would love to go to church if it was just me there and no other people.

I go to church. We don't take up an offering. (There are baskets if you so feel inclined) Everyone is welcome (We often have homeless and the poor in attendance). They are starting a center city medical clinic for the underserved and those suffering from HIV and Aids. I'm a big brother like sponsor to a little guy whose adopted mothers are members of the church.

I like it because I don't see the hypocrisy that people always claim to see everywhere else. I don't judge what others believe and in fact I welcome discussion with differing viewpoints.

My spirituallity is personal to me and I don't need an organized religion to improve my relationship with God.

I read this the other day:

Morality: Doing what is right no matter if anyone tells you to or not.

Religion: Doing what you are told no matter if it's right or not.

I can relate.

If so, what kind of church?

Is your church loud, fun, exciting, and something you look forward to?

Or is your church quiet, gloomy, full of old people, and threats of burning in hell forever?

I normally go to church, but I skipped today. Guess I'm going to Hell.

And my church is option B, without all the threats of burning in hell forever.

Archived