• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Umm Am I Missing Something?

chknwing

If you are a carolina fan you will love next years draft, it is a guarantee that mj will take a tar heel.

As a Tar Heel fan, I wouldnt mind this. LOL. Barnes is going to be a solid pro. I dont see us getting Henson or Zeller. The only other candidate would be James Michael McAdoo, but it sounds like hes gonna stay 2 years.

The roster has 2 Dookies on it now..it needs more Tar Heels.

As a Tar Heel fan, I wouldnt mind this. LOL. Barnes is going to be a solid pro. I dont see us getting Henson or Zeller. The only other candidate would be James Michael McAdoo, but it sounds like hes gonna stay 2 years.

The roster has 2 Dookies on it now..it needs more Tar Heels.

That worked out great the first few years.

Barnes is going to be a player in this league and the Bobs have a gaping hole at the SF position now. I wouldn't mind the pic, though I do question Barnes' intellect and his lack of a killer instinct.

I don't see how it's all that bad, They made it where the team can now get better, they have 2 more first rounders next year in a much better draft. The best GM in the league for rebuilding a team, a lot of the horrible cap #'s will be gone soon. So the cats will be in position to make a run in FA after this coming season for a major player.

I don't see how it's all that bad, They made it where the team can now get better, they have 2 more first rounders next year in a much better draft. The best GM in the league for rebuilding a team, a lot of the horrible cap #'s will be gone soon. So the cats will be in position to make a run in FA after this coming season for a major player.

How are you going to feel when that Tyrus Thomas pick turns into a lottery pick?

Actually, most people agree the TT pick will turn out really well at this point, if we do bad.

I thought we got a first rounder next year too for the Wallace deal? Oh well.

It wasn't bad. Like everyone has said, I guess it's bad if you liked being 8th seed each year to get killed in the first round. But a lot of want to actually compete. We can't do that with salary tied up in guys like Wallace and Jax. I know we got Maggette but I think we save a year with him over Jax. Wallace was getting older too, and, is a guy that gets injured very often, I loved him, but the points I made mean we had to do it.

Right now we're trying to become like the Thunder. We're not a big market team, we're not going to ****** up super stars, even with MJ owning us. We have to win in the draft, we have to get a guy like Durrant. And while this draft didn't have a guy like that, we picked up some solid guys to help with when we do hopefully get a player of Durrant's caliber. It is the ONLY way we're going to compete with some teams. Even if these guys end up SOLID bench contributors, that's a plus. Look at the NBA finals this year, I think Dallas won because their bench was INCREDIBLE. But I expect our picks to be starters. Bismack may not drop 32ppg like you want, but I think him+TT down low is going to be a nasty force, and TT's offense keeps getting better. Let Bismack get some coaching under his belt before we assume he's going to score 2 points a game.

Actually, most people agree the TT pick will turn out really well at this point, if we do bad.

The TT trade was a bad one given the Bobcats current direction. It's a good trade if you think you can be the 6-8 seed year in and year out and you think TT can be that guy that might help you win a series or two (basically the Bobcats' thinking a year and a half ago). But now that the Bobs have went cheap and young, they would never make that trade under their current mindset. It could very well end up being a top ten pick in 2013 or a top five pick in 2012 and now they are stuck with another untradeable contract.

How are you going to feel when you realize that pick is lottery protected?

Probably a lot like the op when he learn how an nba front office works.

Yeah, keep calling me out on Bobcats' knowledge. Some people struggle with deciphering between not being a homer and being knowledgeable about the game.

Lottery protection on the TT trade decreases each year. That's not a big deal unless your goal is to tank the next couple of seasons in a youth movement---- oh poo, that's exactly what the Bobcats are doing.

It's top 14 in 2012, top 12 in 2013, top 10 in 2014, top 8 in 2015, then finally unprotected in 2016.

So if Charlotte hasn't improved a ton in the next 4 years then it more then likely will be a lottery pick, other wise its more then likely going to be something like the 16th or 17th pick or so.

I forgot that the other 1st rounder from Portland is a 2013 pick.

Archived