• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Local band has a Jake hate song...

Stumpy

schweet, well here's my Celtic Rock band Stirling Bridge kicking off the Mint Hill Highland Games last month with "Scotland the Brave" and then our tune "Carolina Scots".

If you are from the carolinas and are a scot I guarantee you'll like this.

schweet, well here's my Celtic Rock band Stirling Bridge kicking off the Mint Hill Highland Games last month with "Scotland the Brave" and then our tune "Carolina Scots".

">

not bad. need more piper...kind of like neil anderson's stuff with seven nations. just let the piper ornament everything. at celtic festivals the piper is the thing that really keeps people interested. songs may be good, but the piper is what will get people hooked. intermittent use won't get the job done.

Interesting....

I'm friends with Neil and we're doing a gig with his current band Rathkeltair in Newport News VA on July 29th.

We mix up vocal tunes (which Carolina Scots is) and pipe tunes which are traditional scottish bagpipe tunes that we add rock n roll to. We're making a name for ourselves in the Highland Games scene by NOT being pipe heavy. One promoter just signed us up because as he put it "I love Neil but after the third song I'm ready for a break from the pipes."

Glad you sorta liked it!

I'm sure these guys kill during kid's skate.

I really wish I had been around when somebody said "I'm going to write a song about how much I hate Jake Delhomme, and I'm going to start it with the chorus from that one Proclaimers song, you know, the one from that Johny Depp movie."

Interesting....

I'm friends with Neil and we're doing a gig with his current band Rathkeltair in Newport News VA on July 29th.

We mix up vocal tunes (which Carolina Scots is) and pipe tunes which are traditional scottish bagpipe tunes that we add rock n roll to. We're making a name for ourselves in the Highland Games scene by NOT being pipe heavy. One promoter just signed us up because as he put it "I love Neil but after the third song I'm ready for a break from the pipes."

Glad you sorta liked it!

i guess i could see that. hard to think anyone could get tired of neil's playing, though. the dude is phenomenal.

anyway...i liked your version of scotland the brave. congrats on the growing success.

i guess i could see that. hard to think anyone could get tired of neil's playing, though. the dude is phenomenal.

anyway...i liked your version of scotland the brave. congrats on the growing success.

I hear ya, although I don't think he was tired of it, he just said that every new celtic rock band puts the pipes front and center the whole time and it can be a little much. We definitely put the pipes out there a good bit, but we have songs like that where they aren't as prominent and people seem to be digging it.

I jammed with Neil once and I almost forgot to keep playing drums I was so fascinated with what he was doing. Dude is unreal.

Thanks again for the feedback.

">

I like the subject of their song. Jake Delhomme could molest your children in front of you and many of you would offer to go make him a sandwich while he did it.

Your memory fails you. He would attempt to molest the children, but his aim would be off and he'd fondle the lamp.

Archived