• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hawaii?? Anyone ever live there?

Carolina Mike II

I have an opportunity to move to Honolulu, Hawaii. Has anyone ever lived there? Is it one of those places that Visiting on Vacation is great but Living there is a bad idea? I would only be there for four years max, but is that three years and 11 months to much?

One knock on the place I have is that it is SO FAR AWAY form Carolina Panthers Games...good thing for NFL Package on Direct TV :cool:

Lived there for three years. Great weather, great beaches, good nightlife, but very expensive. Gas and food especially will be higher than anything you are use to.

If you can deal with the cost, its a good place to live. But its a 5 hour flight to California, so you will not get to visit the mainland very much. And watching football at 9 AM on Sunday takes some getting use to. Although Monday night games are perfectly timed for Hawaii.

Lived there for three years. Great weather, great beaches, good nightlife, but very expensive. Gas and food especially will be higher than anything you are use to.

If you can deal with the cost, its a good place to live. But its a 5 hour flight to California, so you will not get to visit the mainland very much. And watching football at 9 AM on Sunday takes some getting use to. Although Monday night games are perfectly timed for Hawaii.

Thanks for the info.....The job is great and the place sounds great almost to good to be true. How big is the island (not literal size) compared to a city on the mainland I was thinking maybe like the size of Atlanta or a Los Angles size are??

Thanks for the info.....The job is great and the place sounds great almost to good to be true. How big is the island (not literal size) compared to a city on the mainland I was thinking maybe like the size of Atlanta or a Los Angles size are??

Dude it's not even the size of Charlotte.

researched it if you have pets they will be detained for 30 days. Sell the car unless you are able to get your employer to pay for shipping it. Same goes with furniture.

Good news is one car (hopefully my truck) will get shipped so I can tow my boat. I heard houses are smaller then on the main land, but when looking online they seem the same size....

Archived