• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers draft

tomisraging

What do you guys think we are gonna do with our draft this year???

Im putting my money on peppers playing for us next season. So im thinking no 1st round pick. And i just have really no clue on what Fox and Co. are thinking going into the draft

ps. may be a stupid thread but its been on my mind

I say we trade next years 1st rounder and a 4th to get a DL stud in the first. (Assuming we get no other draft picks.)

Unfortunately, I'm not so sure there is a DL stud (or any stud) worthy of the first round. I think this is a good year to no have a 1st rounder.

I wanna, DT, DE, CB, 3rd Down RB, QB, and a WR.

Then I will be happy.

Anything else, with that sir.

I think there is good depth in this draft, I think there will be a solid starting caliber DE in the 2nd. I'm hopin' for Barwin out of Cincinnati. In his first and only season as a DE he got 11 sacks. Think what he could do once he learns the position better. Plus he adds depth to the TE position. Unfortunately, after his stellar combine performance I see his stock rising and might not be there when we pick in the 2nd.

Anything else, with that sir.

I think there is good depth in this draft, I think there will be a solid starting caliber DE in the 2nd. I'm hopin' for Barwin out of Cincinnati. In his first and only season as a DE he got 11 sacks. Think what he could do once he learns the position better. Plus he adds depth to the TE position. Unfortunately, after his stellar combine performance I see his stock rising and might not be there when we pick in the 2nd.

Oh yeah thanks for reminding me a TE to.

I wanna, DT, DE, CB, 3rd Down RB, QB, and a WR.

Then I will be happy.

Your setting yourself up to be pissed. We should not draft any offensive players on the first day. For that matter we should not draft any RB, QB or WR in this draft. We should go heavy defense and OL. JMO

ps....can someone please explain the fascination with Pat White on this board?

Your setting yourself up to be pissed. We should not draft any offensive players on the first day. For that matter we should not draft any RB, QB or WR in this draft. We should go heavy defense and OL. JMO

ps....can someone please explain the fascination with Pat White on this board?

Not only is White one of the best athletes at the QB position to come out in the draft in some time, but he also has looked the best out of all the QB's this off-season (Senior Bowl, Combine, ETC). With his athletic ability you can use him in the Seneca Wallace mold. Line him up in the Wildcat or as a wideout, so he could see the field in his Rookie year while still developing at the QB position.

Not only is White one of the best athletes at the QB position to come out in the draft in some time, but he also has looked the best out of all the QB's this off-season (Senior Bowl, Combine, ETC). With his athletic ability you can use him in the Seneca Wallace mold. Line him up in the Wildcat or as a wideout, so he could see the field in his Rookie year while still developing at the QB position.

Is that what the Panthers want....Seneca Wallace? And just one thing......QB's won't be in the league long if they line up in the wr spot and are thrown too.

we will either have peppers or a 1st round pick that will be used on a DT or DE.

what makes you so sure? I do not thing Pep is worth a #1. Not one early ad matter of fact enough to contribute this year anyway. And whether or not he is or is not worth it is irrelevant. He has to many question marks around him to get a #1.

I agree that we will do some defensive building but it could be in draft or FA

Archived