• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

the ultimate hypothetical thread

bLACKpANTHER

it not like hes being released and looking for a new deal.. he would be traded under his current deal.. he might look for new deal next year.. if he was happy to play under that deal in Denver, he shud be exstatic to play for it here with Steve Smith and Double Trouble..

I can't argue that and he surely could be held to his rookie contract until it ran out, but then what? That's all I was saying, then what?...

I'd be very happy with that trade. I dont doubt Delhomme could win the big one, but I could only see one. Thing have to go our way like they did in '08, but we need to get the ball bouncing our way in the playoffs as well.

However, with Cutler, we have a QB who will be really good for years to come. He's still young and will make mistakes as we have seen. However, I think with our new QB coach, that is fixable.

I'd love to see some type of trade to have this happen.

I can't argue that and he surely could be held to his rookie contract until it ran out, but then what? That's all I was saying, then what?...

we could let him play under that rookie contract for a year and restructure it in the future.. hey, we might be looking at an uncapped 2010 season ya kno.. :yesnod:

well, we would have a very high priced player on offense. And this player may utilize all the weapons he has.

Not that Delhomme hasn't or won't in the future. But hopefully Cutler would spread the ball around more. We have a killer offense that isn't getting used to his potential.

Not saying either way for Delhomme, but I do feel he could use all his tools better. Even though stats show he uses his #1 and #2 as efficient as any other QB.

But when he uses #3 down and his other weapons like TE and RB, they could be exploited more to throw off the defense.

Cutler is pissed.

We need to get Cutler, this is our best chance to get a franchise QB.

Denver can affored Peppers.

We need to trade Peppers, Lucas and Delhomme for Cutler 3rd and 4th rd picks.

Whatever the deal is just get Cutler !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Getting cutler would be sick.

Our offense would be totally set. We would really only need some back up linemen and some WR's to groom.

We could spend pretty much all of our first day draft picks on defense for the next few years.

Getting cutler would be sick.

Our offense would be totally set. We would really only need some back up linemen and some WR's to groom.

We could spend pretty much all of our first day draft picks on defense for the next few years.

We can pretty much do that now, sans QB I realize, but we're pretty set at offense, it's defense we need to think about...

we all agree that offense is pretty set aside from Oline depth.. and we can all agree that defense needs a new paint job, but not a completely new body kit, specifically the D-line and nickel CB..

but we can do all of the above if we clear Pep and Lucas off the books and still get Cutler..

in FA, we could get DT Dewayne Robertson, CB Dre Bly, maybe an OT or OG and still have the money for draft picks..

Archived