• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DeAngelo Williams stays in Carolina 5 years 43 mil 21 guaranteed

The Saltman

D Will brings more to this team and franchise than just what shows up in the box score.

He's the type of player and person you don't mind forking over a little extra cash for.

The Jake Delhomme prinicple? Not a fan of tossing extra cash or letting guys hang around when it makes the most sense to part.....b/c they are good dudes....normally those are bad moves in the NFL

Glad he's staying but WOW.... $$$$$$

Wow was my exact reaction!

dumb move...too much money for our RB situation

I pretty much agree with this. D-Will is my favorite player on the team, but with the trends of the NFL lately running backs are becoming a dime a dozen with short careers in their prime. Add in some injury concerns....Just seems like too much $$$ in the RB position

HOW we spend our money is very very important now!!!! Every team is spending the same amount this year and in future years, so it's imperative that we spend wise and responsibly. There is a hard salary floor, but ALSO a hard cap with very little wiggle room.

Anyone still think the big cat is cheap?

You may think he's crazy, but cheap? NO

This has 0 to do with Jerry being cheap. Cincy & Jacksonville are cheap, but this year they will spend the same amount as us.... it's the new CBA, JR is just spending to the rules of the new CBA... nothing more, nothing less.

plus, if he plays well enough to earn the incentives to make it $8mil/year, we'll be fine.

this forum is the most bipolar emotionally unstable community I have ever seen. one day it's SIGN DWILL OR IM NO LONGER A FAN, next OMG I HATE JR fug THE PANTHERS OVERPAYING DUMBfugS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

go cry some more bitches

wVult.gif

The Jake Delhomme prinicple? Not a fan of tossing extra cash or letting guys hang around when it makes the most sense to part.....b/c they are good dudes....normally those are bad moves in the NFL

only when they can't play anymore

Congratulations to D-Will. He's a great player and a great teammate.

This running game is going to be nasty now that defenses will have to worry about the QB as well as two great RB's. I'm getting excited about this team.

It's funny how every talking head keeps saying that the Panthers have so many gaping holes, yet we have all of these players that the rest of the league covet.

I love the fact Richardson pays for what he wants and spends it on loyal players we're drafted. That's who always should get the big money.

Also, look at all the deals around the league. Players are getting paid. This is the new CBA.

Archived