• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peppers and the Redskins

same here! then id hope we take one of the top Qbs with one of our 1sts next year

ayy i can hope right??

I'm not a jake fan, but if we want to draft a QB i think options will be better next year (all of the upper classmen that came back for another year and the high-stock juniors). Plus, there may be a rookie salary cap, and with a QB that could save millions

$100 million to the 'Skins is chumpchange, to the Panthers... it's the entire cap. :(

i agree with a lot of what you said but what you were talking about here had me scratching my head.

both teams have the same cap. redskins don't have a larger one because they are a "big market" team. all teams in the NFL have the same hard cap.

i'd rather have the 2 1sts from the redskins (this and next years) than this years 1st and 2nd from the pats.

While I certainly see the appeal in the two first-round picks, I don’t know that I would prefer that over a first and a second this year.

We need help badly on the defensive side of the ball and can use all of the picks we can get right now. We saw last year how quickly the offensive line was turned around, and I think they can do something similar this year—but we need the draft picks to do that. Our defense needs a lot of work, but with the offense we have now, I think we’ve still got a great shot at the playoffs.

Also, one of the second round picks we could receive from New England is the 34th pick in the draft—just barely a second round pick. The beauty of that is we can pay a second round pick a good deal less than a first rounder.

the reason taylor was cut was because he wouldn't sign a clause agreeing to attend all the team workouts.

Thats just what they want you to think...:cool:

I don't think anyone would be opposed to trading Pep to the Skins for two first round picks tho. If Snyder wants to do that then its fine with me...I just want this saga to be over with and us have two very very good picks in our pockets for the future.

Archived