• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Big Winners (so far)

BountyHunter

Your supposed to keep your core players so that's no even an issue.

taking this out of the equation is unfair

just because you're supposed to do it doesn't mean it's easy

technically, we locked up the best available DE and RB in this years FA market, that's BIG

I think we are big winners so far if you look around the league at what other teams are doing. Cleaveland hasn't even signed a FA yet. TB, who had the most money to spend, resigned Quincy Black for a little more than we signed Anderson, and that's it.

There are still a ton of top quality players out there and a lot of capable starters too. I am holding out hope we land someone to compete for a starting job at CB/DT and maybe Bulger. I feel like we are taking too long to get some of these guys, but it seems like the whole league is still soaking in the CBA and getting everything figured out.

I understand but that can be done later right?

Seems FA should take priority considering such a condensed window.

I understand if we needed the cap room but it doesn't seem like we do.

I dunno.

I think extentions should be done first. That way you truly know how much money you have to go after FA's. We definitely want to keep Beason and Kalil. Argurably (besides Cam ) our most important players on the team. Once they are locked up and happy then we truly know how much to offer for potential FA's.

Also, having Rivera and Mcdermott too defensive coaches in the org. You don't think they have some hidden gems they have seen and could be maybe waiting for the cuts before going after them? Numerous possibilities tbh.

taking this out of the equation is unfair

just because you're supposed to do it doesn't mean it's easy

technically, we locked up the best available DE and RB in this years FA market, that's BIG

But since they were already here last season, we haven't improved. That's all I'm saying. If you want to say we're winning big in the "keep your own" category, then yes, we are. But in FA overall, we haven't made a splash yet. If we could just get 1-2 players things would look brighter. Bring in a proven WR to play opposite Smitty and let LaFell/Gettis play the slot. Bring in a proven CB opposite Gamble and let Cap'n play nickle. Maybe next season if there is a solid proven S out there, bring him in opposite Martin/Godfrey. We're counting on AVERAGE players to take us to the next level: Cap'n, Godfrey, Martin, Goodson, Lafell, Gettis, Rosario/Barnidge, who ever our damn RG will be, etc. It's nice in theory that we drafted all these kids but until they start making Pro Bowls... we NEED help/mentors/proven vets.

While I agree with this sentiment...

Jerry might have had a grand plan... but it did cost him some of the team's fanbase. There are a lot of people down on the Panthers cause of 2009 and 2010's lack of free agency moves and seeming low spend mark.

Hopefully some exciting play and some W's will get us back on track, and get the area behind the Panthers like it was 8 years ago.

Believe me, a lot of those "fans" will come back once the team starts winning. With a new QB, a strong running game and better passing game (and Steve Smith coming back), this team has a chance to be better than expected.

But since they were already here last season, we haven't improved. That's all I'm saying. If you want to say we're winning big in the "keep your own" category, then yes, we are. But in FA overall, we haven't made a splash yet. If we could just get 1-2 players things would look brighter. Bring in a proven WR to play opposite Smitty and let LaFell/Gettis play the slot. Bring in a proven CB opposite Gamble and let Cap'n play nickle. Maybe next season if there is a solid proven S out there, bring him in opposite Martin/Godfrey. We're counting on AVERAGE players to take us to the next level: Cap'n, Godfrey, Martin, Goodson, Lafell, Gettis, Rosario/Barnidge, who ever our damn RG will be, etc. It's nice in theory that we drafted all these kids but until they start making Pro Bowls... we NEED help/mentors/proven vets.

FYI... i agree that we should still be players in the FA market

i just think you're undervaluing the impact signing our existing players has

we're not going to get (or even find) the best to fill every hole that may be on our roster, but for those positions that we don't, i'm sure we'll be eyeing kids coming out in the draft next season

this building process won't start and finish over night

I think its weird how some teams with lots of cap space aren't signing anyone yet..do they think they can just sneak past the 90% cash minimum and no one notice? unless they are waiting to sign T.O. to a 30 million dollar deal.

Archived