• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

(Last Year) How ignoring the wide receiver position could doom the Carolina Panthers

#1 Panthers Fan

I never knew you could just make a thread and put a link to it. All this time I thought you'd have to put some type of work into a thread. Silly me.

As far as the article. I don't believe the Panthers will be doomed. Olsen/Shockey alone will make defenses single cover Smith, giving him room to make work of the CB covering him. Also, with LaFell and Gettis showing flashes. This team is going to be fine. I'm not even mentioning Armanti at the moment until he makes it up the depth chart. He's still promising with what's he doing. Then let's not forget Darvin Adams. He was Cam's guy, there's already chemistry there.

I wouldn't say we're set, but I'd rather give the young guys the opportunity to make a name for themselves. One of them is bound to emerge and become a household name.

Now CB that's another story, that's the position that needs to be addressed right now. Even if they don't do so, next year's CB's are very good. Dre Kirkpatrick should be our 1st round pick to be honest.

. Whether owner Jerry Richardson did this due to the impending lock out or simply because he did not want to spend the money, it is crippling the franchise. Jon Fox is almost certain to lose his job at the end of the year

Horrible and outdated. Get this poo outta here.

I don't think we're all that bad at the WR position. There's no way we can judge them by what happened last year. Give them a good WR coach and a QB that can get the ball to them then we can judge them fairly.

Oh wait. I just took time to read the article. Its old!

The only thing doomed is this guy's career. He thinks Fox is still with the team and I guess Greg Olsen or shockey aren't good receivers.

Then he says we need a #2 to take pressure off of the #1 but even if one of the 2nd year guys pans out that we would then need ANOTHER #3 wide receiver to take pressure off of the #2.

Dumb dumb article, does it even mention Steve smith? sounds like he doesn't even think Smith is on the team. Who writes this trash?

Archived