• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

8/6 Practice (and Fan Fest)

Ruff

- Cam Newton will make great throws, has huge upside but no doubt will look like a rookie this season. A few of my concerns were noticed out there. 'Locking eyes' with one receiver will most likely be an issue. Also, Cam had a few good and bad plays trying to scramble. Some plays seemed to move to quickly for him.

- Offensive schemes that Steve Smith was referring to as 'refreshing' is refreshing. Obviously, I only got to see a few formations and plays from today but I like the idea. It's going to be exciting for us fans to see. I already have an idea what Chud brings to this team and mix that in with Cam and our running game, we have a chance to completely fool defenses.

So, thats the two main points I would like to share. Lots and lots of attendance at bank of america stadium today! Good stuff overall.

More people should be talking about Eric Norwood. He's had a great camp.

By the way, I promised I'd tweet from Fan Fest today, but I got hooked into seeing Pirates 4 with my girl in Matthews instead. What a massive mistake that was.

It is NEVER a mistake to keep the lady happy, dude. :cheers2:

Went to FF today and got a couple of nice pics. Here's a shot of Cam on the 60+ yard strike to Clowney. Looks like he probably would have been sacked in the pic but it seemed in real time that he just got it off. There was a palpable excitement when Cam was under center, I can't wait!

t0aMml.jpg

Observations:

Thank you to the guy who recorded this whoever you are, but damn, you could've used a steadycam, lol.

Both the passes came out beautifully but we lose them midshot, but you can tell they were placed perfectly. Also, the secondary was atrocious. But, all that matters is Cam made the throw he was supposed to make.

And 2nd, that pass to Barnidge was an elite level throw... I'm talking about Favre-type arm strength on a rope... Also, Barnidge shows why we've all been fans of his despite him having very little proof in games of being an awesome player - it was because he wasn't utilized. The dude is an athlete, and you saw the burners on this play. Man, I'm so hyped to be this deep at TE and WR with speed and size... We're gonna be sick.

I was thinking the same thing. Use a phone in horizontal position with 2 hands, you won't go wrong

Hey guys/gals,

First off, thanks for RT’ing my Tweets during camp session, and at FanFest. You guys run a good show over here. Appreciate your support.

This is my first year covering the team. My credentials? Well, first off, I’m no Darin Gantt. I have been a contributor to the Greenville News and Spartanburg Herald-Journal since 2003. Primary duties: HS Football, Clemson FB, Wofford FB. Have most recently worked the “Escape” section of the SHJ, their weekly entertainment section.

Main gig is radio. I work for a company called Entercom, which owns stations from Greenville to Boston to San Fran. Our stations range from classic rock, alternative, a/c and talk. So, loooong story short, I am on assignment to grab audio and work interviews. I am also there to pitch stories to my editor in SPBG.

My side project is this website: www.the212radio.com. It’s upstart, but we’re working hard to give you two things here: the fastest, most accurate updates on the team via-twitter (@johnellis212), and a more thorough delivery of Panthers content on the website.

With respect to the beat guys and columnists, they have the “Cam’s Smile will Carry Charlotte” angle down already. We’re diving DEEP into the nuance of the game (formations, execution, philosophies), as well as getting the scoop on transactions and injuries out there quickly (our site was amongst the first sources regionally to pick up on the Chevis Jackson signing—who actually may contribute more than some are telling you)

I played football in HS, have studied the game intently to coach it at some point, and my brother is in training to play D-1 ball as a QB.

So…there…I am sorry for the shameless plug, but wanted to let you know that you’re not getting twitter feeds from some creep who snuck in the back door (or, are you???)

Thanks for the support again, and keep checking us out on Twitter and the212daily.com

Best!

John Ellis

PS: :jc: (saw it...had to do it)

Archived