• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Post a pic, any pic.

Jangler

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• sam.jpg

• Topics

• I predict Charles Omenihu gets a sack and then stbugs will make somewhere between 4-6 threads about it (just teasing buddy).
    • The mainstream seems to like Rhule… that bodes good things from the media front. 
    • I understand your point, but it's all about resource allocation per position.  Many teams have 2 high-priced receivers... that shouldn't cripple a well-managed cap.   We can dispute the amount paid to Robby, but locking him up for another 2 years was a good GM move.  Solidifies that position and allows you to develop 2 drafted guys (Terrace Marshall & Shi Smith) on rookie deals.  Doing this will allow us to sustainably build a good WR corp. The biggest thing missing with Hurney was the bad drafting that forced the team to sign many FA's for higher money (even if they weren't that good) to fill roster spots.  Better-ran teams fill those spots with draft picks, which allows them to pay their core elite talent guys and occasionally splurge on a big-ticket FA. With Hurney, too many times we overspent to fill positions that should have been filled through better drafting, and then we compounded the issue b/c the FA's we signed to fill those roles sucked and then we cut them and had to eat dead cap. That's not to say we never had any success under Hurney, but I do think it was a major factor in why the Panthers have never been able to sustain success via back-to-back winning seasons.