• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gettis hurt? (source PFT)

DawgzLife

What has everyone heard about this?

"David Gettis injures knee

Posted by Mike Florio on August 11, 2011, 9:18 AM EDT

Panthers receiver David Gettis, who started 15 games for the Panthers in 2010, possibly won’t be starting any in 2011.

On Wednesday night, Gettis injured a left knee in practice. Per Steve Reed of CarolinaGrowl.com, Gettis could put no weight on the leg, and he was carted off the practice field.

“He tweaked it and they’re going to check it out,” coach Ron Rivera said. “That’s all I really know. I went over and talked to him and he said, ‘It buckled on me a little bit, coach.’ [The trainers] iced him down and said they would check him out after practice.”

Gettis currently is listed as a member of the first-team offense, across from Steve Smith and ahead of Brandon LaFell and Legedu Naanee."

I have reserved optimism that its not a tear, because I feel like the medical staff would have been able to diagnose that immediately. I'm hoping its just a badly bruised bone that's causing a contusion, but he did say he felt his knee "buckle" which is an awful sign.

I didn't hear about this until my friend told me at lunch today. I immediately jumped on the huddle and was very disappointing to not see a single thread dedicated to it.

I'm really hoping its just a sit out the pres-season and be ready to go game 1 type of injury. I'd like to see Gettis get another full season under his belt as he has shown some flashes of being very good.

I didn't hear about this until my friend told me at lunch today. I immediately jumped on the huddle and was very disappointing to not see a single thread dedicated to it.

I'm really hoping its just a sit out the pres-season and be ready to go game 1 type of injury. I'd like to see Gettis get another full season under his belt as he has shown some flashes of being very good.

There may not be a dedicated thread, but you can find info and discussion about it last night here...

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/65628-8-10-practice-thread-7.html

Archived