• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tentative apology to Armanti Edwards

blackcatgrowl

I've always thought this .. but nobody ever brought it up so I will .. first take a look at 2010's draft [+]

25 (89) Panthers Edwards, Armanti QB 5'11" 187 Appalachian State

[+]

26 (90) Patriots (From Cowboys) Price, Taylor WR Ohio

Ok so we traded with the Patriots .. look at the position we picked vs what they picked .. I think it very obvious to assume the patriots front office knew we wanted armanti so they called us and asked who we were gonna pick next time ( or something along those lines ) And some idiot in the draft room said Armanti so the patriots said ok .. well , we are actually thinking about doing that right now , if you really want him because we really think he'll be the next big thing lets work out a trade and i guess we can let this one go.

And our front office fell for the typical lets let new englands FO own everybody .. and it just so happens that he may end up being good and not some scam for draft picks.

I realize that my logic seems sort of flawed in places, but it's a lot easier to spell out in a legit conversation , so if anyone is confused please let me know exactly where and i'll reiterate.

Everyone seemed to be saying that the N.E. Patriots were going to take Armanti their next pick. Was that not the case.

I recall that, but they were probably bluffing and we panicked (God knows why, Edwards wasn't slated that high, and so what if we lose him there?) and we took the bait. And they stockpiled another early draft pick, which is one of the things they do.

Look, reasonable minds may differ, and I'm as much a Mountaineer as you, but, c'mon, that was simply a dumb f*cking move.

What I'm hearing now about armanti is almost the same of what people were saying about smith in 01 ( good punt returner but iffy about reciever). Couple years down the road and look what smitty turned out to be. I'm not saying armanti is the next great reciever in the carolinas but boy did he get the stadium rockin with excitement tonight.

Point blank it's not his fault what hurney gave up to get him, just give the guy a CHANCE. He might never be the number 2 receiver in this squad, but from what I hear it won't be from lack of effort. Here's to being 1-0 in the preseason.... Cheers!!

Armanti,

Last season, when you were struggling to field a punt return, I was on the bandwagon to be down on you.

When you were dropping passes and looked like a deer in the headlights, I was down on you.

It was really hard to watch knowing we gave up some great picks to bring you in.

But man... your performance tonight was a 180 degree turn around... if you can keep this up well into the regular season... please accept my apology for writing you off too soon.

Your refocus and rededication to effort looks like it might pay dividends. We're watching you with a little more optimism. Keep up the good work.

I think we owe most of the rookies last year an apology....last year was impossible for Clausen and Edwards with Fox as head coach.It is a shame we cannot see what gettis brings to the game.

Archived