• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurricane Irene..

Swarly

your winters = 100% chance of suckage. Hurricanes - well, less than 100% chance of getting hit, plus they don't last for 8 months :)

my winters = 100% chance my house is still in the same place when it leaves

hurricanes = not so much

my winters = 100% chance my house is still in the same place when it leaves

hurricanes = not so much

Off topic to the thread: Are you in Seattle? I 100% plan to move to the northwest after I graduate(whether it's to Oregon or Washington or even Vancouver). How is it up there?

Back on topic: I really hope this doesn't turn out like Hurricane Isabel did. It crushed the outerbanks then moved on to Hampton Roads(where I live..) and crushed us too, leaving us without power for over a week :(

Off topic to the thread: Are you in Seattle? I 100% plan to move to the northwest after I graduate(whether it's to Oregon or Washington or even Vancouver). How is it up there?

Back on topic: I really hope this doesn't turn out like Hurricane Isabel did. It crushed the outerbanks then moved on to Hampton Roads(where I live..) and crushed us too, leaving us without power for over a week :(

nope...I am just outside of Edmonton, Alberta. About 800 miles north east of Seattle! Seattle and area is fricken beautiful though, especially some of the smaller coastal towns north and south of the greater Seattle area. I'd move there in a heart beat.

I live in Charleston...We bought our house 2 years ago...now I am freaking worried! I am not one of those people who likes to leave during a storm. However the wife is 8 months preggo, so it might have to (if needed). I really wish I could use this as an excuse to go buy a generator...

Yall say a prayer for us!

Archived