• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cutler should be a legit thought...

DelhommesTheMan

if he keeps his head on straight, he's a franchise QB for the next 10 plus years.

Peppers has at best4 or 5 more good years left. If we could talk them into taking Peppers and Delhomme and maybe something else we should do it for long term.

i know, i know...not going to happen. I just wish at some point we could get an elite NFL QB in his prime here.

Like i stated before...we have no idea how lucky we are too have our QB going on his seventh season with the team. You can count on one hand the amount of teams that can say the same. The one thing all of them have in common is that they are consistant winners. So before everyone pushes Jake out the door just remember what the year he got hurt was like. Now compare that to last year and i think you see the importance of having Jake on our team is. But if it's between having Jake, or having Cutler for the next 10 years, its not even a thought in my mind and i love Jake. Cutler would make us SB contenders for years on end IMHO. Hurney needs to do whatever he can to try to get this guy. I would trade Peppers and our 2nd rounder for him...

A gathering of quotes about Cutler from someone who actually wants the Jets to pursue him:

So, after having his new bosses go behind his back, Jay Cutler is demanding a trade? While there’s a lot of reasons why the Jets should trade for Cutler (performance, cannon arm, etc.) just know that he’s not well respected by his peers.

“He’s a great quarterback, don’t get me wrong. I’m not saying anything to disrespect him. I think he’s a hell of a player. But Jeff George was a hell of a player. There’s a lot of guys who have been great players.” — Jake Plummer on Cutler, comparing him to one of the cockiest & best athletes who never got it together

“He is a punk. I’m just not a huge fan of his … he and Tony Gonzalez are the biggest crybabies in the league ” — Matt Wilhelm Chargers LB

“Cutler is the one who was grabbing his crotch [last season] and saying stuff to Philip [Rivers] in the first place. He started the whole thing.” — Unnamed Chargers Player on 2007 feud between Rivers and Cutler

“Word out of Denver is that he’s largely disliked by his own team, due to a terminal bout of arrogance.” - Pete Kotz, Nashville Scene (Cutler went to Vandy)

“I don’t like him, I don’t want to talk about him.” — Kerry Rhodes, Jets S

Jay Cutler Stamping his feet and holding his breath

Now I'll grant you can take with something of a grain of salt the ones that come from the Charger players, but those from a former teammate (Plummer) and a guy who covered him from Tennessee (Kotz) aren't exactly glowing endorsement, and Kerry Rhodes isn't a division rival.

It's also worth remembering that he privately demanded a trade after his QB coach was let go, prior to the whole Cassel story, and then got all huffy when the story broke that the team tried to trade him. If that doesn't say "drama queen" I don't know what does.

Bottom line though: For Denver to trade him without getting a franchise level QB in return, they would have to be absolute morons. And no, getting a first round pick for a shot at one of this year's guys wouldn't cut it (not that we have one to trade anyway).

Like i stated before...we have no idea how lucky we are too have our QB going on his seventh season with the team. You can count on one hand the amount of teams that can say the same. The one thing all of them have in common is that they are consistant winners. So before everyone pushes Jake out the door just remember what the year he got hurt was like. Now compare that to last year and i think you see the importance of having Jake on our team is. But if it's between having Jake, or having Cutler for the next 10 years, its not even a thought in my mind and i love Jake. Cutler would make us SB contenders for years on end IMHO. Hurney needs to do whatever he can to try to get this guy. I would trade Peppers and our 2nd rounder for him...

since we don't have a young good QB to offer, just old Jake, we'd probably have to give up the farm. Peppers, our 2nd, next years 1st, probably something else plus Jake for just Cutler, IMO.

that said, if you are ever going to give up that much, a young franchise QB is who you do it for.

Broncos could get alot of Cutler from the highest bidder, if they get forced into this. Unless they are 100% confident Cassel is the real deal

If I was Kansas city, I would be trading Cassel for Cutler asap

Trade Cassel for Cutler...yeah right. Because when you are running a young team whose culture you are trying to change, the first thing you want to do is bring in "me first" public whiners like Cutler...NOT.

Thank you Mr. Scot. I also have seen for myself some of the things he has done and said.

I don't agree that you can have a guy who acts like Cutler in a position of leadership...I just don't...and I never ever will. If he were a WR, possibly. But not a QB.

since we don't have a young good QB to offer, just old Jake, we'd probably have to give up the farm. Peppers, our 2nd, next years 1st, probably something else plus Jake for just Cutler, IMO.

that said, if you are ever going to give up that much, a young franchise QB is who you do it for.

Broncos could get alot of Cutler from the highest bidder, if they get forced into this. Unless they are 100% confident Cassel is the real deal

If I was Kansas city, I would be trading Cassel for Cutler asap

The Panther braintrust doesn't believe in the "franchise QB" model. They prefer a run heavy offense where the quarterback isn't the prime focus. In other words, pretty much what we have now.

Cutler for Cassel actually makes loads of sense, but I don't see it happening. Word is that Bellichick gave up Cassel and Vrabel for less than market value as a favor to Scott Pioli. He's known to be less kind to former assistants like McDaniels, so I'd expect the thought of Pioli shipping Cassel over to McDaniels would probably set him fuming.

(unlikly while Pioli and Bellichick still have a good relationship)

Archived