• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cutler should be a legit thought...

DelhommesTheMan

He's known to be less kind to former assistants like McDaniels

As an aside, this is totally not factual as far as I know (I could be wrong and you could provide an example and I will be glad to admit I am wrong) except for Mangini and he had very good reasons to dislike Mangini's actions (I am talking pre-cameragate)IMO.

If Pioli is trying to run the Chiefs like he helped run the Pats, a trade for Cutler would be competely wrong. You don't bring the problem children types until you have a strong veteran lockerroom and they don't...yet.

A gathering of quotes about Cutler from someone who actually wants the Jets to pursue him:

Jay Cutler Stamping his feet and holding his breath

Now I'll grant you can take with something of a grain of salt the ones that come from the Charger players, but those from a former teammate (Plummer) and a guy who covered him from Tennessee (Kotz) aren't exactly glowing endorsement, and Kerry Rhodes isn't a division rival.

It's also worth remembering that he privately demanded a trade after his QB coach was let go, prior to the whole Cassel story, and then got all huffy when the story broke that the team tried to trade him. If that doesn't say "drama queen" I don't know what does.

Bottom line though: For Denver to trade him without getting a franchise level QB in return, they would have to be absolute morons. And no, getting a first round pick for a shot at one of this year's guys wouldn't cut it (not that we have one to trade anyway).

Means nothing really, it doesn't.

Go do some surveys around the league or around the country from fans and media types and see what they have to say about Smith.

Likewise, do it for our own Jake Delhomme, who I have to hear people call him a crybaby whiner all the time.(look at how he always cries to the ref).

Its also no surprise that almost everyone you put on there plays on defense, and one guy who he took his job...........really?

Cutler>any Panther QB in history send him this way...

i can't believe that this retarded and incredibly unlikely idea is getting so many pages.

he isn't going to come here.

we aren't going to trade for him.

the broncos aren't going to trade him for anything we have.

the amount of whining and complaining that has been going on here lately, though, makes me think that cutler would be a good fit for a large part of the fan base.

i can't believe that this retarded and incredibly unlikely idea is getting so many pages.

the amount of whining and complaining that has been going on here lately, though, makes me think that cutler would be a good fit for a large part of the fan base.

The idea that posting something like this, is actually going to stop people from posting what they want to is retarded and incredibly unlikely.

You are sure free to try though, keep counter whining more, see if it makes the pain stop.

I just don't get it either, but something different.

Nothing makes someone open a thread they don't like.

People are just talking about what there is to talk about right now, which is nothing.

Just speculations, faint wishes, rumors, and a whole lot of nothing.

Nothing is wrong with that

Do you want to come here and see no threads? If so just don't come here, and pretend there are no threads.

Otherwise you know exactly what you are going to get, to expect something else would just be being foolish.

a big trade for Cutler by Panthers could either be a Grand Slam homerun, if he comes in and gets his act together. Or if he's another Jeff George it would be awful unless by miracle the Broncos didn't demand much from us and wanted to trade for peppers for some reason(not likely).

this is a message board, its purpose is just for such speculation/dream threads such as this. Its the offseason, we dream of a franchise QB and we need to unload Peppers. What do you expect on a freaking message board? This isn't the pages of the Charlotte Observer, though more entertaining.

I use to like Cutler, but not so much anymore. Sure, he has the talent, but he lacks serious maturity ~ which is a hell of a crutch at the QB position.

Would Hurney and the Panthers FO overlook that completely just so they could have a chance at Cutler? I don't think they would ~ but that's just my opinion.

Would Hurney and the Panthers FO overlook that completely just so they could have a chance at Cutler? I don't think they would ~ but that's just my opinion.

I think this is true, they probably wouldn't overlook that.

They overlook so much though, when evaluating QB talent, so who knows.

:biggrinjester:

thank you. couldnt have said it better myself

Having a sulky little bitch at QB is not going to break apart a team. Comparing Cultler's issues to TO's is silly.

Give me a 63% completion rate with a godawful running game and I'll put up with quite a bit of whinning and pouting.

Given that Jake has a career 60% career rating an almost identical yard per attempt average and a quarterback rating of 85 versus Cutler's 86 rating, I fail to see the difference you suggest.

A 3% increase in Delhomme's stats would equate to roughly 12 more completions or less than one per game. (to bring him to a 63% rate) (You can't directly compare completions since Cutler throws the ball a lot more in a very different system or suggest he would throw alot more in our system)

For my money a stand up guy who makes everyone around him better is surely worth one less pass per game compared to an egotistical whiny player who is not well liked by his peers.

Rings mean very little in the long run. This is a TEAM game. Is Dilfer better than Marino? I mean he has a ring right. Yes I know that it's a bit of smartassery for me to make that comment but it's true. Eli is a good QB, but Rivers is better. Period.

I am not sure what you meant with "Rings means very little and this is Team Game. Dilfer better than Marino." Marino is known for being the great Quarterback that could not win a Superbowl. Records and stats can be broken but you are a Super Bowl Winner for Life. I bet Marino would trade all his records for Dilfer's Super Bowl Ring in a heart beat. You play the game to win.

In my opinion Rivers will never be better QB than Eli until he can win a Super Bowl. Rivers does not have the leadership to rally his team to win the big games.

Archived