• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

5 safeties and 3 corners...

Stumpy

Obviously, we are going to be watching the waiver wire for CBs. (Hurney said as much during the game)

But, with us keeping 5, could we be looking at moving one of the safeties to corner? Pugh and Martin both have very good coverage skills, and it would be hard to imagine either being worse than what we already have at CB.

Pugh split time between FS and CB at A&M and played mostly CB in HS. Martin has been a Safety since HS, but most draft gurus had him slotted as a corner in the NFL. Many had him ranked as the 8th or 9th best CB in the draft.

This is probably just useless speculation, but who knows. Maybe this is a backup plan if no one of Rivera's liking becomes available.

Yeah, I am pretty sure Godfrey played CB in college, but his coverage skills are not nearly as good as Pugh or Martin.

I would say we're counting on the pressure of our front 4, but at this point that is laughable...

I expect the LBs are going to be turned loose in a Rivera/McDermott scheme though... So that will help some...

I was thinking if we signed Merriweather then they may explore moving one of Godfrey, Martin, or Pugh back to corner... And I believe any one of them could make an outstanding one with their ability...

BUT, I'm really hoping we take a shot at 2 CBs in FA out of the guys that were released.

It's gonna be interesting to see what we do. Philly always stayed stacked and deep in the DB dept., so I see us doing the same.

Archived