• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What's Everyone's Careers up in herree?

davos

Im in business to business outside sales for a large Fortune 500 company. Being a salesman just seems to be my calling in life, I finished as the #2 salesman in the entire company (out of 1300 people!). When I was promoted not long ago, my territory grew from 2 cities, to the entire state of SC. So I do overnight travel 2-3 nights a week, which is tough. I manage 22 salesmen in 5 cities.

My goal is to get into Surgical Device sales. I have always wanted to be in surgical device sales, however I have been picky on what company I would consider working with. I have a killer resume, studies corporate communications in College. I have found that degree is quite useful for sales.

Yeah, I have Dr Hines for Cartography and had her last semester for Geography of US and Canada.

Any tips for Cartography? These maps are killing me already, 2 weeks into school.

Umm... tips? Well, back when I took cartography there was one PC in the geography lab and we did everything with Leroy pens. So...

What kind of stuff are you guys doing?

Wanted to be a physical therapist but changed to a marketing major because labs conflicted with my spring football practice schedule. Some of the decisions you make in life are questioned later on :D. As a result of my love for football, I have been in sales since I graduated. Sales took me from Myrtle Beach all the way down to Miami. Sales rep to Regional Sales Manager traveling 300+ days per year. I am now Director of Sales for an awesome organization in the great city of Charlotte.

bleh.

Right now I work for a Third Party Administrator of Retirement Plans. Any of you on here own a small-mid sized company and need a 401(k)? Come to me :D

I do sales and marketing for us. I have no interest whatsoever in what I sell but I know I'm good at it. Increased 57% since I was hired last July and I managed to convince our corporate office to offer me commission..something that has never been done in my position here before.

I do way too much work for what I am paid....along with my other hats which include Office Manager, Marketing Assistant, Managing my boss' schedule/making sure he isn't lazy and does his work, inputting any data that comes into this office, and answering the phones.

We are a very small company so all new prospects go through me until they sign on with us.

Currently looking to get outta here and get into some other sort of sales/marketing....been looking a lot into media sales. Want a better paying job where I can make a higher commission.

I work for an internet marketing firm.

I audit websites and make recommendations on how our clients can increase their web traffic and in turn, their business.

Sounds lame, but its interesting at times. It's cool to see yourself (and your team) making a measurable difference in the lives of small business owners. We often double (or more) the amount of business our clients do.

We need a sales rep if anyone is looking for a job and has B2B experience.

Yes....and yes. Can you pm me and give me somewhere I can send my res? Are you in Char?

Im in business to business outside sales for a large Fortune 500 company. Being a salesman just seems to be my calling in life, I finished as the #2 salesman in the entire company (out of 1300 people!). When I was promoted not long ago, my territory grew from 2 cities, to the entire state of SC. So I do overnight travel 2-3 nights a week, which is tough. I manage 22 salesmen in 5 cities.

My goal is to get into Surgical Device sales. I have always wanted to be in surgical device sales, however I have been picky on what company I would consider working with. I have a killer resume, studies corporate communications in College. I have found that degree is quite useful for sales.

My sister's bf does that....he sells some type of generator they use in operating rooms...apparently its very very high in demand....he is doing VERY well.

Received BA in journalism. Worked in newspaper for 20 years as reporter and editor. Worked in media/public relations for a local chamber of commerce and for a SC state agency.

Been at Wofford for 11 years in media/public relations (everything but athletics, go figure). Also do freelance writing, proofing and editing (design/layout).

I actually would love to go back to chamber work - recruiting new businesses, helping create jobs, etc.

Like most writers, plan to write the Great American Novel one day ... or something meaningful. There's a book or two in here somewhere if I could ever slow down enough to let them out.

Archived