• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rags rambles on about the game - Week 1

Rags

I enjoyed this game. Lots of bright spots. Let's go over them.

THE GOOD

Cam : He looks amazing out there. 422 yards 2 tds and a pick. He made a few bad throws but most of the time he was smart, accurate, and probably most importantly poised. He certainly didn't look like a rookie QB two months under a new system. Sure, we lost, but unlike last year when Pickles was under center, we saw almost nothing but positives.

He porbably won't have nearly as an impressive showing next week or maybe even the week after, but my god, we have hope, Panthers.

Greg Hardy and Charles Johnson: Did you see those two today? My god they were disruptive.Especially Hardy. Each had a sack and each did good against the run. We can have one of the best DE tandems by years end.

Smitty: Thirty-what? Lost step? Couldn't tell it. Dude was in fullon beast mode, 8 catches for 178 and both of our two passing TDs. He was fired up and when he's fire up the team's fired up. He has to be a big part of our season this year.

THE BAD

The Run game: We only had 74 rushing yards total. This is something we have to get fixed. We put a lot on Newton today and he did very well, but we have to get that going.

Also, on that note, Stewart looked a lot better than Williams (thought not much). Williams just looked like he didn't have it today.

The Oline: What the hell, guys? They just couldn't get anything going on the blitz pickups today. A lot more magic could've happened today if they just did their jobs right. Not to mention the false starts and holding calls.

THE UGLY

Penalties: 10 penalties for 74 yards. We need to play with a lot more discipline.

Blitzes: 14 points came off of big plays due to blitzing. With our CB/DB situation we can't afford to have blitzes go as wrong as they did.

Ugly - Half the ST unit running by Peterson, thinking he called for a fair catch.

Also stop blaming McDermott, our D played okay.

I had more to type but I got lazy.

Archived