• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Hates Cam Newton and Michael Vick

chknwing

Umm, I think the NFL loves Cam Newton.

I'm actually not a Panthers fan (but I love watching em' with Cam) I'm a small-time sports writer. I go from message board to message board because ya'll are better than Twitter at getting information, lol.

Y'all might just like this story I wrote for Cam the other day.

http://www.thebeastsays.com/article_details.php?id=124

PFW has failed to respond to me yet and I doubt they will.

Goddamn dude. I hate Nolan as much as the next guy, but holy hell. lol

Great write up. Sums up most of our thoughts rather nicely. As far as Cam's leadership and the team's willingness to follow him "into Hell" as you put it (very nicely, I might add), I would not be surprised if he becomes a captain next year. I would actually be baffled if he wasn't named one, honestly.

I remember when that Nawrocki piece came out and everybody was defending him and saying he was one of the most well respected draft analysts out there, even though most of us had never heard of him. Do people still believe that? I too would love to know who his "sources" were for that hit job.

I remember when that Nawrocki piece came out and everybody was defending him and saying he was one of the most well respected draft analysts out there, even though most of us had never heard of him. Do people still believe that? I too would love to know who his "sources" were for that hit job.

He is one of the best out there.

But even the best aren't always right.

He is one of the best out there.

But even the best aren't always right.

Well he was as wrong as one can be on this one. Not only that, he seems to have made it personal even though he didn't even know Cam Newton. That's about as unprofessional as it gets. I have no respect for the guy at all.

Well he was as wrong as one can be on this one. Not only that, he seems to have made it personal even though he didn't even know Cam Newton. That's about as unprofessional as it gets. I have no respect for the guy at all.

It wasn't personal for Nawrocki. Why would it be?

He was doing what he always does on draft evaluations, quoting sources.

Panther fans were the ones that took it personally. Analysts were just doing what they always do, analyze.

Sometimes they're right. Sometimes they're wrong.

the same is said about Mayock, but it was pretty obvious that neither of them were talking to former teammates/coaches or watching very much game film. how can any "draft expert" fail to do their homework on someone like Cam Newton?

the crap that they were spewing, both about his game and his character, couldn't have been further off base.

Panther fans were the ones that took it personally. Analysts were just doing what they always do, analyze.

then his sources really suck. anyone that talked to former teammates and coaches would know that Nawrocki's info was BS.

I don't even have to click play to see its going to be stupid as hell. I'll save my time on this one because I know once I click play its too late to get it back.

I would hope there is some legitimacy or something that suggests tangible proof to their claims. Seems like an open book of lawsuits possible for slander and defamation of character that would cost the victim substantial loss.

I don't even have to click play to see its going to be stupid as hell. I'll save my time on this one because I know once I click play its too late to get it back.

I would hope there is some legitimacy or something that suggests tangible proof to their claims. Seems like an open book of lawsuits possible for slander and defamation of character that would cost the victim substantial loss.

It's people's opinions. Were the ones given about Newton hurtful/ yeah, but honestly I've seen worse. Sometimes they're valid, sometimes not. But if your work is based on researching those opinions, you have to print them.

If you don't print them and they turn out to be valid, you look bad. Print them and they turn out to be invalid, and you look bad (derned if you do...). Best option is just to print them and let the chips fall where they may.

The fan tendency is anytime someone says something we perceive as negative about one of our own, we take it personally. It's rarely actually meant to be personal (I sincerely doubt, for example, that ESPN executives actually have it in for us) but that's fanhood.

If someone on this board attacks Scots character the way Nawrocki attacked Newton's he asks the webmaster to ban them and post stickies about being nice. Lol. Guess Cam isnt privileged enough not to have his name slandered. Its fair game to hate and demonize QBs like him. Nawrocki is a tool and the next kid SHOULD NOT have to go thru that crap. No more ignorant agendas please.

Archived