• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Change of Pace, Board is Depressing Lately.

chknwing

Fun vid, though I'm not so sure the board is so depressing these days.

This time last year, that was depressing :(

Last year it got to the point where I wasn't even depressed anymore. I couldn't even get myself excited for games. Of course I still watched every down and wore my jersey and tailgated, but deep down inside I knew it was one of those dreadful seasons. I was just laughing it was so bad. I mean you couldn't be sad or frustrated, you just had to laugh. I was expecting it to get worse and worse each week... and yep, it did. That's when you know it's bad. Zero hope. So **** all those other fans out there that want us to shut up about Newton. Hope is a powerful thing. And this is more than just hope... it's legitimate progress being made. You can see the improvements all around this organization. Good times ahead fellas.

Last year it got to the point where I wasn't even depressed anymore. I couldn't even get myself excited for games. Of course I still watched every down and wore my jersey and tailgated, but deep down inside I knew it was one of those dreadful seasons. I was just laughing it was so bad. I mean you couldn't be sad or frustrated, you just had to laugh. I was expecting it to get worse and worse each week... and yep, it did. That's when you know it's bad. Zero hope. So **** all those other fans out there that want us to shut up about Newton. Hope is a powerful thing. And this is more than just hope... it's legitimate progress being made. You can see the improvements all around this organization. Good times ahead fellas.

I must be missing something. Who said that?

I must be missing something. Who said that?

Oh, I'm not talking about Panthers fans. Fans of other teams. :D

Some guy at the bar on Sunday was saying... "oh god please don't let the panthers beat the packers, it's all we'll hear about for a week is newton"

:mad:

Fun vid, though I'm not so sure the board is so depressing these days.

This time last year, that was depressing :(

I tried to help last year too, but the Clausen vs Moore debates got in my way.

BUT....I still thought we could have won more games had they not benched Moore after we started 0-2. Neither one of those guys got into a rhythm, although looking back, I'm wondering if that had everything to do with the concussion rule more so than Fox succumbing to fan and media pressure. Either way, I pray the Jags are as stupid and do the the same thing we did, and Start Gabbert after a bad game by their starter.

I don't think they will but I'd love it if they did. Not because I don't think Gabbert is any good, but if you thought Clausen had pressure last year....imagine the pressure Gabbert's going to feel when Cam's already done what he's done and he'll be playing against the guy that broke the record for most passing yards as a starting rookie QB.

I doubt Gabbert's going to give them the same poise and confidence Cam gave us, or he'd already be starting. Actually no matter who they start, it's going to be pressure for that guy. Even their starter is probably feeling the same pressure Moore felt if there's talks of Gabbert.

We win the psychological war going into this game either way you look at it. Sorry Jags, we've been there. We know what it's like.

PS: I will give mad pie to anyone that goes to a Jaguars board and makes a thread with that headline!

Oh, I'm not talking about Panthers fans. Fans of other teams. :D

Some guy at the bar on Sunday was saying... "oh god please don't let the panthers beat the packers, it's all we'll hear about for a week is newton"

:mad:

Said it before: I like when other team's fans are unhappy :D

This season is another 2002 to me. Asking for next year to be another 2003 might be a bit much, but who knows?

Archived