• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Houston Texan's Cinderella season

blackcatgrowl

After two weeks, flying oh-so casually under the radar is the Houston Texans.

They are going into New Orleans 2-0 in week three, after they romped Indy 34-7 and just finished off a tough Miami team by ten points.

What to keep in mind here is that the Texans were built in years past to compete in a division with Peyton Manning's Colts , a Titan's team run by Jeff Fisher with Vince Young under center, and a stout Jacksonville Defense.

They are relatively young, and healthy, have a big time running game, and one hell of a receiver in Andre Johnson. Right now they have the #1 defense in the league (#1 against the pass), and are #5 in rushing.

I think the Saints are going to have their hands full come Sunday. In fact, I think Houston is going to punch them in the mouth and walk out of the Superdome 3-0.

With all the teams in their division decimated by injury or shake ups, they stand to make it to the playoffs this year. And I think they'll make it pretty far into them.

And before you spout off on our run D they held Forte to 18 yards outside of one long rush.

You do realize the Bears only ran the ball like 11 times or something like that? I don't car who you are but when you pass 52 times and only rush 11 times, your typically not going to be successful.

That said, I give the Saints credit for playing pretty solid D against the Bears.

lol k

If the Saints share this same sort of attitude, they are in big trouble, and this will become a trap game for them.

You're talking about a team that is extremely hungry too in the Texans. Hungry to prove themselves and get some fame for a change. Since they've been in the league, they've been mediocre at best, and horrific at worst.

There's a new "Who Dat" team, and it's the Texans. ;)

Archived