• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peppers and Cutler some thoughts

BlindSite

why would they trade him to us?

we have nothing that they want.

that makes it unrealistic.

it wouldn't help us in our weakest area.

i don't think that it is a good move and it will take a lot more to ever convince me that it would. doesn't matter though....it isn't going to happen anyway.

I don't like Cutler either. I honestly don't think he would be a good fit with the type of football, personnel and system we currently run. From his interviews it seems like he wants to go down as one of the best QB's ever. Which is not a bad thing I might add. But in a ball control, John Fox type of system, along with possible leadership issues, I do not feel good about him. Maybe our quarterback solution is already on the roster? Who knows. However people saying "If you don't want Cutler your insane"...thats the same as saying "If you don't think TO is better than Moose and should be a panther then your insane". Chemistry means a lot. Intangibles mean a great deal also. I don't think Cutler has the intangibles. But hey I could be wrong.

Yeah Cutler lost all those games by himself rofl.

He threw five interceptions in every one too.

Shut up AK you've proven time and time again you know nothing about football or anything else.

now thats a GRAND assumption buddy.

Great QB's are not known for games they lost, but games they WON.

His buddy ELway was a come back king, jake is one hell of a come back king as well.

If we would have lost the playoff game by a FG then would you be soo hell bent for Cutler?

Nope.

Perspective...

You know, it's mentioned so much in conjunction with each other, the words "Delhomme" and "intangibles" are pretty much synonymous, but I've never seen anybody prove that they know exactly what "intangibles" are.

Yeah I think " intangibles" for Delhomme is like "potential" for Cutler. It depends on your perspective I guess.

Cutler played at a college where he was surrounded with no talent, but continued to work hard, play hard and will him team to some very hard fought victories.

In the NFL he took over from Jake Plummer who though maligned was LOVED by his team mates and managed to rally his team to a good performance.

He managed to get through the issues with Marshall and Walker and has had more than enough comebacks in his history to be considered an able quarterback in the fourth quarter and when the game is on the line.

He has intangibles, he has the arm and he has the aptitude. He certainly has more in the way of intangibles than most starting QBs in the league and with the other leaders on offense we have he could flourish without being a supreme field general.

What kind of intangibles? He has a losing record as a starter, is not considered a leader by his own teammates and is not even popular in his own locker room. How many comebacks does he have in the fourth quarter?

Look at his numbers: He had an 86 rating this year. That was good enough for 16th on the list. Where was Jake coming off elbow surgery? 2 spots behind at number 18- with an 84.7. Cutler feasted on an easy schedule and trailed off significantly as the year went on. Look at his last 3 games against Carolina, Buffalo and San Diego. His passer rating was in the mid seventies.

Jake on the other hand got stronger as the year went on, the games became more meaningful and he got his touch back. His last three games were against Denver, the Giants and NO. His rating was 105.

Cutler had no better YPA than Jake but did have a better TD/Int ratio this year. For their career it is very even.

Cutler is younger has more upside and is more athletic. If I were picking who would lead me for the next decade it would be Cutler. BUT I don't see him as the answer in our run first offense and doubt he would be happy here either. I do think he has serious maturity problems and needs to get over himself.

If Jake and Cutler were both the same age it is no doubt that Jake is the better leader and guy who would lead us into the playoffs. The only reason in my mind that Cutler would get the nod is because he is still at the beginning of his career while Jake is getting toward the end. BUt for the short term I would still take Jake. The few rating points which equates to one or two more completions per game pales in comparison to how devoid he is as a leader and as a person. I surely didn't see the major temper tantrum when Jake lost his quarterback coach as I did when Cutler lost his. I believe that Jake lost his OC as well as few years ago and handled it quite well again.

I would agree with you about Peppers but regarding Cutler, I have to respectfully disagree.

If you really think our offense is better with Jake than with Cutler you are crazy! Cutler would kill with this Offense. He has to throw the ball in Denver because he has no Defense and no running game. Here he would have a nice mix of run and pass. I really hope this happens but I am sure it will not. We will get the BS 2nd rnd pick and give the Patriots another undefeated season. If Cutler leaves Denver the new coaching staff will not last 3yrs tops. They will really regret what they have done. #2 Offense in the NFL, so lets rebuild it. I wonder how some people became NFL coaches.

:dupe:

If you really think our offense is better with Jake than with Cutler you are crazy! Cutler would kill with this Offense. He has to throw the ball in Denver because he has no Defense and no running game. Here he would have a nice mix of run and pass. I really hope this happens but I am sure it will not. We will get the BS 2nd rnd pick and give the Patriots another undefeated season. If Cutler leaves Denver the new coaching staff will not last 3yrs tops. They will really regret what they have done. #2 Offense in the NFL, so lets rebuild it. I wonder how some people became NFL coaches.

:dupe: :mad2:

now thats a GRAND assumption buddy.

Great QB's are not known for games they lost, but games they WON.

His buddy ELway was a come back king, jake is one hell of a come back king as well.

If we would have lost the playoff game by a FG then would you be soo hell bent for Cutler?

Nope.

Perspective...

Okay? Great. That doesn't address anything I just said but sure. You're still positing that Cutler is somehow responsible for the Broncos not being able to win a single game the last three weeks of the season (or at least leaving us to infer that's what you're saying.) Let's just forget that they had no run game the last quarter of the season, and that their defense took a crap every time they got on the field.

Cutler also never threw five interceptions in any of those losses. Now do you think Jake lost the Arizona game? No? Then shut up about Cutler.

He may not be our biggest need but I'd take him over the Patriot's second rounder any day.

Would love for this to happen becasue if the Panthers had a good QB like Cutler hes yound and he will be a franchise QB. If it happends pick up Bertrand Berry (AZ) for a 2 year deal and keep drafting for the D this year. I have faith in our D-ends for the year ahead.

but peppers is gunna go to the Pats for their first rounder so it doesnt matter anyway............

He has a big arm, and a lot of YPG but what about winning when it matters? What about the intangibles? You cant teach intangibles.

yeah blindsite, cutler is nothing like trent dilfer, or mark rypien, or doug williams. Those QBs could win when it MATTERED!

when denver's entire defense collapsed, where was Cutler to play linebacker? Pfffft.

yeah blindsite, cutler is nothing like trent dilfer, or mark rypien, or doug williams. Those QBs could win when it MATTERED!

when denver's entire defense collapsed, where was Cutler to play linebacker? Pfffft.

He was too busy on the sidelines not being best buds with everyone, you know, because he's paid to be everyone's best friend.

A true QB/leader would have rallied his team to tackle better, cover WR's, and get stops in the red zone. ;)

Oh yea he probably would have inspired the 6th string RB to run better too.

Archived