• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

gamble and godfrey cleared for play in chicago

rayzor

CHARLOTTE—For the first time in three weeks, the Panthers received good news involving an injured player in their Monday medical report.

After losing starting linebackers and team captains Jon Beason and Thomas Davis the first two weeks of the season, Panthers coach Ron Rivera said starting safety Charles Godfrey and cornerback Chris Gamble have been cleared to practice Wednesday following concussions.

good.

This is the kind of game that I feel like we stand a real chance to win but some sort of red zone mishap or muffed punt will screw us. I think I've been such a selfish asshole my entire life that my individual karma actually affects the outcomes of football games watched and bet on by millions of people.

Excellent news, call me crazy but I like our chances in this game. Chicago is so inconsistent and overrated, you never know what you're gonna get out of guys like Cutler and Peppers among others. Upset of the week?

if they haven't been playing like poo the last couple weeks and we haven't been hyped up the last couple (compared to the usual) maybe...but i think people wouldn't be surprised to see us pull the game out. easily could go either way and i think thats what the majority of people are thinking as well.

if they haven't been playing like poo the last couple weeks and we haven't been hyped up the last couple (compared to the usual) maybe...but i think people wouldn't be surprised to see us pull the game out. easily could go either way and i think thats what the majority of people are thinking as well.

That's why the Vegas odds of Carolina +6.5 are baffling too me. I really would've thought this game to be more like a +2.5 or +3.5 for us. +6.5 is a pretty favored spread for the Bears.

Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers solved the Bears defense, but Matt Ryan did not. They bring a lot of blitz looks and disguises with that "mug up".

Hopefully Cam goes the way of Rodgers and not Ryan.

PS - to stay on topic, I'm glad our secondary will be healthy, Cutler is primed to have a 4 INT game.

the Db's better be getting in some extra catching drills this week. Cutler will undoubtedly give them some opportunities.

Cutler aired it out 40 times last week, and Martz called just 9 running plays. With the way Hardy and Johnson have been playing, they could be in for a field day aswell.

This is the kind of game that I feel like we stand a real chance to win but some sort of red zone mishap or muffed punt will screw us. I think I've been such a selfish asshole my entire life that my individual karma actually affects the outcomes of football games watched and bet on by millions of people.
i hear that, but i also look at their horribly bad oline, the awful WRs they have, and an offensive scheme that doesn't suit the personnel they have. add to that their QB has gotten sacked 14 times this season already and is frustrated.

this is a team that is starting to look like, once again, one that is totally reliant on their defense being able to completely shut the other team down if they want a win because they sure don't look like they would be able to come back form any sizable deficit.

Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers solved the Bears defense, but Matt Ryan did not. They bring a lot of blitz looks and disguises with that "mug up".

Hopefully Cam goes the way of Rodgers and not Ryan.

PS - to stay on topic, I'm glad our secondary will be healthy, Cutler is primed to have a 4 INT game.

gotta factor in Ryan might be playing behind one of the worst OLs in the NFL this year......no time.

Well all we heard going into the GB game was how great Dom is at disguising blitxes and derp derp derp and Cam did fairly well against them. I say fairly because of the three picks obviously but he was doing a great job of reading coverage. Hopefully he can read Chicago's constant two deep looks. I think a few pump fakes would do wonders for him against da Bears.

Archived