• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cutler or Newton? Who would you rather have? Per espn.

Pox 08

I am not so sure that Cutler has proven that he can be a top QB in the NFL. Yes, he has put up some nubmers in Denver. However, he has NEVER been a winner....not in college and not in the NFL.
Winning is a team function not an individual function.

Also the Bears won their division and went to the NFC title game.

For people that look at numbers; Cutler was on the cusp of putting elite numbers in Denver.

Last year I watched a good number of Bears games and Jay was downright heroic playing behind that OL.

I know the stats don't bear this out I think last year was his best year he made a ton of plays for that offense despite its talent limitations.

His personality, decision making, and leadership are what I question....not the strength of his arm.
The only question I have about Jay are his offensive coordinator, his OL and his WRs.

First Take just did a segment on this and everyone on the panel chose Cam, even Skip Bayless who loves to slurp Cutler's knob. A big point several people made was that Cam's team actually likes him. Jemile said she's never seen someone with the charisma that Cam has, and she thinks he'll win a super bowl. Sweet.

Espn still sucks though.

As a Panthers fan, I would definitely rather have Cutler instead of Newton as the Bears qb. Because if Newton was the Bears qb, he wouldn't be our qb. :)

Cutler has at best proven himself to be an average NFL qb. Newton I think has shown that he can at least be an average qb, and could be a lot better than average. So I am glad the Panthers have Newton instead of Cutler.

Archived