• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Nate Davis' pro workout is tomorrow...

frash.exe

No thanks.

He has great numbers, but if he had trouble learning a college playbook, and Ball State at that, he will def struggle with an NFL playbook.

Plus, his bowl games are just terrible, not real sure why though, that is a concern as well.

LACES OUT!

Just a reminder a learning disability is not a sign of unintelligence.

true. incredibly true.

as someone who has a learning disability and a post-graduate degree, you can make it but you have to work a little harder or find ways to easier ways to understand it. none of it entails "dumbing down" the playbook.

i have no doubt that he will be able to understand the playbook and do well where ever it is that he lands. if he has to carry the clipboard for a couple years (which any rookie QB should have to do) he would have plenty of time to learn it.

for what it's worth, here is what scout.com said about him:

Scout.com Player Evaluation:

STRENGTHS

• Decision-making
  • Field Vision
  • Pocket Awareness

AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT

• Release
  • Running Ability / Mobility

Davis is a smooth, intelligent pocket passer who has a great feel for the game. He sets up quickly in the pocket, shows poise and delivers a strong, accurate ball to his receivers. He has the ability to escape the pocket and make plays on the run; buys time for his receivers. He possesses excellent vision and displays great touch leading receivers downfield and over the middle. - Chris Steuber, Scout.com

both they and scott wright have him as the 5th best of the draft. he most likely won't be going early so we have a chance to pick him up later.

i hadn't really thought of him before but he is another one i wouldn't totally object to if we drafted him. still we need to be focusing on the trenches but it wouldn't be the worst pick in the world.

out of curiosity, you think the "release" issues they said he needed improvement on had to do with the way he held the ball? if so, i don't see that as a concern. the dude has a laser guided rocket launcher for an arm. it isn't like he's got a david carr/uncle rico arm.

Hell no to Davis. The guy is worse than Culpepper with fumbles and he holds the ball the wrong way when he throws (laces out). The Panthers know better to even look at this guy. Ball St played nobody this past year, which is why he had decent stats.

Hell no to Davis. The guy is worse than Culpepper with fumbles and he holds the ball the wrong way when he throws (laces out). The Panthers know better to even look at this guy. Ball St played nobody this past year, which is why he had decent stats.
why would that matter if he gets it to go exactly where he wants it to go?

From what I've been able to dig up it seems like only the Colts scouts showed up today. (mind you, it is the Colts draft scouting dept. and Ball State's pro day was the 2nd but he elected not to work out then)

He had an iffy combine, from what i read some people said he did good, some said he struggled just a bit, but I still think he's better than Rhett Bomar.

His stock has probably fallen from this and it looks like he can be had at the bottom of the third round, maybe even fourth.

From what I've been able to dig up it seems like only the Colts scouts showed up today. (mind you, it is the Colts draft scouting dept. and Ball State's pro day was the 2nd but he elected not to work out then)

He had an iffy combine, from what i read some people said he did good, some said he struggled just a bit, but I still think he's better than Rhett Bomar.

His stock has probably fallen from this and it looks like he can be had at the bottom of the third round, maybe even fourth.

i read it was the nerves but he looked good throwing..yea but he is def better than rhett bomar

so he was a no show at his pro day.

Archived