• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Nate Davis' pro workout is tomorrow...

frash.exe

I don't follow college much so I don't know much about who is supposed to be really good and who isn't. That's why I never do any mock drafts or put a lot of input into discussions about who we should draft. Any way, I don't know much about how good this guy is supposed to be, but that video was damn impressive.

I didn't hear about a learning disability. I am not going to say its true or untrue because I have no clue. I would have to imagine that he doesn't. Either way, the only times I saw the guy play he had fumbleitis. It was almost sad. I would have to look into him if the Panthers were to scout him heavily.

I didn't hear about a learning disability. I am not going to say its true or untrue because I have no clue. I would have to imagine that he doesn't. Either way, the only times I saw the guy play he had fumbleitis. It was almost sad. I would have to look into him if the Panthers were to scout him heavily.

he doesn't hold the ball on the lace side, so it would be easier to knock it out of his hands.

Yes he has a learning disability, not sure if it would affect his ability to learn a playbook or not though.

A learning disability kept the Bellaire, Ohio, product from being widely recruited (he was also a sensational high school basketball player), but he said Ball State was swift to lay out a plan for helping him academically. And offensive coordinator Stan Parrish got in on the ground floor and never went away.

That's a big reason why, even when West Virginia came calling late, Davis stuck with Ball State.

I have a harder time reading and learning things. … I am a visual learner."

Studying the playbook wasn't any easier than studying for classes. "I had to work extra hard to learn the playbook," Davis says. "My first year, I was out here playing backyard football, trying to find the open guy."

But his coaches "helped me out a lot and, once I had the playbook down, I knew what everyone was doing and it came a lot easier for me."

NVM, I guess it does affect his ability to learn a playbook.

LINK to the article about his season.

I have a harder time reading and learning things. … I am a visual learner."

Studying the playbook wasn't any easier than studying for classes. "I had to work extra hard to learn the playbook," Davis says. "My first year, I was out here playing backyard football, trying to find the open guy."

But his coaches "helped me out a lot and, once I had the playbook down, I knew what everyone was doing and it came a lot easier for me."

NVM, I guess it does affect his ability to learn a playbook.

LINK to the article about his season.

at least it shows his commitment. and he had to get the playbook down while also studying coursework for classes.

I just don't see him being able to grasp a nfl playbook, they're overly complicated compared to a College playbook. I would like to see him succeed though, he definitely has the talent and skills to do so. He's also expected to go anywhere from the 2nd - 3rd/4thround, so he would be worth a shot if we could get him in the late 3rd or late 4th.

Thanks, it sounds like he might need a couple of years in the system to get the playbook down (lets hope there wouldn't be a regime change with a new offensive philosophy in the mean time). But on the flip side, the extra time would give him a chance to fix his fumbling problem and perhaps learn to hold the ball on the laces.

In fairness though, the term "learning disability" can mean a wide variety of things. Some more serious and debilitating than others. It doesn't necessarily mean he's dumb, just that he may have difficulty learning the way most of us do. In that case, there are strategies and techniques he can use to help him improve the learning process. The biggest thing with LD's is getting them diagnosed. Once that happens, quite often the person is able to adapt to his disability and can function just as effectively as anyone else...only using different methods.

So, I guess just because he has a LD shouldn't automatically drop him off our radar, it depends on the type of disability and how successful the strategies he employs are. Nor should we make blind assumptions like I did above about needing extra time to learn a playbook. That's why the team's due diligence is especially important if they are considering Davis as an option.

i think a team like the panthers would be good for him..just because of the stabilty so he will not have to learn a new playbook every year...that and fox likes to bring along players slow so he will have time to learn..

but he will def be a low 3-5th round pick his draft stock fell after the combine.

Archived