• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why Atlanta Won

chknwing

I agree it wasn't all on the D, but that 4th quarter pick was at 24-17.

And the drive before then? 3 and out? How many chances do you expect an offense to get late in the game? I'm just trying to figure out what some fans expect out of our D. You want us to be up 21 points going into the 4th quarter every game?

Our D is supposed to give Newton a 2-3 scoring cushion in the 4th quarter every game? Because that's what it seems like to me. No NFL team does this on a consistent basis. Our D did its job in that it gave our offense more than one or two chances to go up in the 4th quarter and win the game. Our offense always lays an egg in the the 4th.

How can you blame the defense when every game we have the ball in the end, and all we need is to get those final points we don't do it. A defense shouldn't be expected to shut out teams for the entire 4th quarter either. You wanna win, you gotta score in the 4th.

Points scored by us in the 4th:

Saints: 0

Falcons: 0

Arizona: 0

Bears: 6(they scored 10 and we got ours in garbage time). Our D let us down, but it was also the 2 score difference that made it easy for Cam to get any points late.

Green bay: 7(they also scored 7 and again same story: we were down by 2 scores).

With the exception of the Jaguars game Cam has yet to put this team in a position to score any points in the 4th quarter when we are not down by more than 1 score.

Every time this O had the chance to put the game away, it failed. I don't care how good your Defense is, if your offense can't improve the above you will continue losing. We have yet to be UP in the 4th quarter for us to blame the loss on our defense. It's not that our defense plays any worse in the 4th quarter....it's our offense that does.

b/c Carolina PI penalties gave them the ball twice on the 1. B/c Chud doesn't believe in running in the redzone.
Pretty sure they ran very effectively in the red zone yesterday.

yeah....yesterday was a good run game, even in the red zone. we did very well there. we just didn't get there enough.

I'm a huge fan of Cam Newton, but let's face it, he sometimes loses his focus and isn't as accurate he should be and he tries to throw into tight coverage too much.

It's SOMETIMES okay to throw into really tight coverage ... but only IF you are SUPER ACCURATE. If Cam wants to try to make spectacular plays where he's throwing into tight coverage then he's going to have to work harder on his ACCURACY. The DBs in the NFL will show up "out of nowhere" and burn him. They are a lot smarter and faster than Cam probably realizes at this point in his career.

If Cam gets SUPER ACCURATE, he will drive DBs in the NFL crazy ... especially because of his other things he has to threaten them with like his running ability. Cam should work on getting the quickest feet in the NFL.

Cam needs to learn to slide to the very best part of the pocket to throw the ball and then set his feet perfectly for a textbook throwing motion. Drew Brees is very good at this. Drew HAS to be since he's only 6'0". Cam should watch some game film on Brees and other guys like Brady and Peyton Manning.

Drew Brees on "Sport Science"

Cam wasn't great yesterday but he didn't play bad. Take the INTS for what they were, two were flukes. One was luck, and one was a bad pass and athletic play by the DT. Both would not have happened if the play were tried again.

Cam is doing great he just needs to improve in the redzone and that will come in time.

The problem with talented QB's is that they are so talented... They lack on certain fundamentals/technique because they can get by... Thats why you hardly see any QB thats ultra talented max to their ability (AKA VICK)

Back to the OP..... We won this game because we were the better team this sunday... I cant think of one bad call the refs made that whole game for either side... We knew you guys have an explosive offense with a young QB so we banked on making you guys drive down the field and see would the rookie make atleast 1 mistake.... Not give up a cheap 60 yard play.... And on offense we wanted to minimize you guys offensive possession so we pound the rock and ask Matt Ryan to throw big throws on 3rd downs here and their

Archived