• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurney (you knew this thread was coming)

Ricky Spanish

I wouldn't blame Hurney for the Otah situation... nobody could have predicted that he would be so injury prone.

Otah's young, so it's still too early to label him as a "bust" of any sort - he could clear these knee/back issues and have a long and healthy career.

Almost trading this year's number one pick for Jimmy Clausen

You don't get dinged either way for what you almost did, LOL.

Continually drafting known injury prone players (Stewart, Otah, Hogan)

Stewart has played almost every game, and Hogan was picked up for cheap because he was coming off injury. I agree with you on Otah.

Keyshawn and Whale fiasco of 06.

Keyshawn was a very good pickup. Letting him go was more about him being a locker room problem than it was about picking up Jarrett instead. The whole Whale thing was about injury not skill and that we didn't want to wait for him to recover. You can't predict injuries.

Oh boy, whoever brought up the fact that Hurney tried to trade up for Clausen hit it out of the ballpark. I want you to imagine what the state of this franchise and fan base would have been if Hurney had been successful and, instead of having Cam, we were stuck with Clausen and the Rams had our #1 pick from earlier this year.

That's the most damning one of all is it not?

Oh and something else about the Everette Brown trade. If we had stood pat, we could have picked Dez Bryant the next season. He was available at the spot we would have had. Can you imagine Cam Newton throwing to Steve Smith, Dez Bryant, Jeremy Shockey, Greg Olsen with DeAngelo and Stew as the running backs. That's a Greatest Show on Turf-type offense right there.

Oh boy, whoever brought up the fact that Hurney tried to trade up for Clausen hit it out of the ballpark. I want you to imagine what the state of this franchise and fan base would have been if Hurney had been successful and, instead of having Cam, we were stuck with Clausen and the Rams had our #1 pick from earlier this year.

That's the most damning one of all is it not?

How can you be judge for something that didn't happen.

Archived