• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Find the positive - Charlotte Fans

redbuddha

This team has NEVER had a home grown, charismatic superstar. Hell, this CITY has never had one in any sport. We finally have one and if you think that this board isn't full of hope, you're illiterate. It is.

You are forgetting about Mugsy Bogues. He was even in Space Jam for Christ's sake.

Maybe we'll just have to agree to disagree, I hope we never have a fanbase like that. Yes, they show up and they're passionate, but being a sports fan in Philadelphia is a negative experience more often than not. I'm not saying you should never be upset about the way your team is playing, but if being pissed off and screaming for the coach to get fired and the players to get cut defines your sports experience, and your city's sports experience, it's time to evaluate things, in my opinion. I'll take the wine and cheesers over that. Better yet, I'll take a fanbase like Green Bay or Buffalo; passionate, but doesn't feed off negativity.

I'm not talking about the fact that Eagles fans are jackasses (and uniquely so) but the fact that they are passionate, fill the stadium, and know its OK to get fired up when your team loses. There are a bunch of teams just like that. We are not one of them.

I'm not talking about the fact that Eagles fans are jackasses (and uniquely so) but the fact that they are passionate, fill the stadium, and know its OK to get fired up when your team loses. There are a bunch of teams just like that. We are not one of them.

and that is b/c we are an expansion team. Those that fill the stadium didn't grow up eating and breathing Panther football. They did in Philly. Will be awhile before we have that type crowd.

and that is b/c we are an expansion team. Those that fill the stadium didn't grow up eating and breathing Panther football. They did in Philly. Will be awhile before we have that type crowd.

I hope so. I take my 6 year old to about half the games and he will be a Panthers fan for life. He sleeps on Panthers sheets, wears a Matt Moore Jersey to school :lol: and will be a Panther for Halloween.

But there are also a handful of teams who are established and have crappy fans because there isn't a history of winning.

Winning solves everything

I hope so. I take my 6 year old to about half the games and he will be a Panthers fan for life. He sleeps on Panthers sheets, wears a Matt Moore Jersey to school :lol: and will be a Panther for Halloween.

But there are also a handful of teams who are established and have crappy fans because there isn't a history of winning.

Winning solves everything

well, I think there are too many teams in FL in general.......too many teams for people to follow over the Bucs nearby. Outside of them, most estiablished teams have a good crowd.

True enough. Miami seems to have developed into an anti-sports team except for the Heat.

I hope one day I am reading an opposing teams board and they are bitching about all the Panthers fans taking over their stadium.

FL has 3 NFL teams, 2 NBA teams, 2 MLB teams, 2 NHL teams and tons of big time college sport teams.

Too much. They can't support that many teams....and don't.

Archived