• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Props to LaFell

Snake

Yes im pretty sure he caught the 4th and 14, very clutch. He has had a few nice clutch catches this year. Is his blocking you think keeping him from #2 receiver or consistency? or coaching loyality/stubborness.

Have to see it's more just Naanee being Rivera's guy and having experience in the system Chud runs because LaFell seems to have better hands and is definitely a better blocker than Naanee. Hopefully LaFell takes over the #2 spot by year's end, because he's made some strides from last year.

I don't know if he'll be able to lock it down if Gettis gets back to form.

Who knows about Gettis. I hope he returns to 2010 forum but there is no promise on that. LaFell can block and catch and is proving why he should start at #2.

That was amazing. I was on the phone with my friend during the game and I told him, there's no way this gets converted... It was 4 and 14 or 15 and I was convinced that they would drop everyone back along that line and there was no way we could get that amount of yardage.

I needed new pants after that throw/catch. But, then all of that excitement came crashing down in one sorry ass "hold" and then one kick, lol.

Watching the replay of his catch, that defender was literally just a couple of inches or less away from deflecting that ball--great concentration and good effort by LaFell to make a big play. I just wish he could've taken that to the house, for obvious reasons.

As for Gettis, I think we were all really satisfied with his play last year, but LaFell has such a big advantage now playing in this system for a full year. Any idea when Gettis would start doing at least light conditioning in practice and with plays? I think he only had a week or so of training camp before he got injured. Surely he's been studying and keeping up--should be an interesting battle in the offseason.

Did anyone else think that LaFell looked extremely slow when he caught the ball? It could have been lack of acceleration, but it just seemed like he had Tight End speed, like Shockey.

not really....he made a move to the sideline which gave guys a better angle. LaFell has decent speed. He isn't a speed WR though.

I don't see how it could be his blocking holding him back from the #2 spot, it seems Naanee has just as many problems with holds and whatnot.
I agree and now I understand why Naanee is starting. Still LaFell is learning and is becoming better and better. Before long its going to be hard to justify starting Naanee next year over LaFell.

It was a nice catch, but who wants to bet it was enough to get him ahead of Nanee on the depth chart? And was it his only target of the day?
Naanee is going to start because he understand the system to the tee. Still LaFell will be taking more and more snaps if he keeps being clutch like he was.

Did anyone else think that LaFell looked extremely slow when he caught the ball? It could have been lack of acceleration, but it just seemed like he had Tight End speed, like Shockey.

Lafell's not a burner, but he's faster than Jerry Rice. :)

He's a prototypical possession receiver, which is something all these conversations about Gettis vs. Lafell seem to miss. Gettis plays more like Smitty than Lafell, and Lafell plays more like Moose did.

Archived