• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brandon LaFell vs. Legedu Naanee (ohhh look STATS! yay!)

R0CKnR0LLA

I actually think he is a poor blocker.

I found it funny on Sunday the announcer tried to give him props about him blocking and doing dirty work on a play.....they then replayed it and Legadu basically threw himself on the ground and didn't even hit the person he was trying to block.

If they were 100% certain Legadu would run the right routes...he would have been benched by now. Everything they have been doing thus far is to make life easy on Cam.

We need a video of this. I saw it also and I couldnt believe it. Really Legadu? Thats your block attempt?

Yes he caught the pass and had room. Good play. It bothers me that an NFL player on our team appears out of shape. This was an issue for him last year. You get the ball maybe 2-3 times a game and you're gassed? C'mon man....

Dude he is not out of shape. The reasons are obvious for why he didnt look fast. First of all he completely changed directions so he had to accelerate from 0, the other guys on the defense were already running in his direction so they looked faster. The second reason is, LaFell is not a burner. He is a possession receiver.

Dude he is not out of shape. The reasons are obvious for why he didnt look fast. First of all he completely changed directions so he had to accelerate from 0, the other guys on the defense were already running in his direction so they looked faster. The second reason is, LaFell is not a burner. He is a possession receiver.

The guy looked tired. Saw the same thing last year when he ran a reverse and ran out of steam.

The guy looked tired. Saw the same thing last year when he ran a reverse and ran out of steam.

I cant say tired. Maybe winded. I dont know if he has the speed to beat those guys. I remember T. Johnson(the guy who pushed him out) came out as a athlete safety from a small school. And LaFell was in on the play.

I am agreeing with you that he is not a fast receiver, but I dont think he was any more tired than he should have been after trying to make a play for his team. If he left everything out there on that run, it makes sense that he could be a little winded.

:conf: what...? so you only get tired on the plays where you get the ball? learn something new everyday

Man you're an idiot. He's on the sideline most plays. He gets the ball twice a game. If you're in that situation...limited time...bet your ass you better not be winded when you get the ball.

first of all, thanks for the name calling, incredibly mature on your part. secondly, there's nothing on this play that points to a lack of shape or being winded. like somebody else mentioned, he stopped at an empty spot in the defense, caught the ball, did a 180 and took off again... all while the defense is closing on him. smitty's not going to outrun that coverage.

if there's ANYTHING to rag on lafell about on this play, it's the fact that he allowed the D to punch the ball out at the end of the play, but seeing as he was at the sideline already, it made no difference. he made a huge play to put the offense in a great position and you're obviously just looking for a reason to nitpick the guy.

first of all, thanks for the name calling, incredibly mature on your part. secondly, there's nothing on this play that points to a lack of shape or being winded. like somebody else mentioned, he stopped at an empty spot in the defense, caught the ball, did a 180 and took off again... all while the defense is closing on him. smitty's not going to outrun that coverage.

if there's ANYTHING to rag on lafell about on this play, it's the fact that he allowed the D to punch the ball out at the end of the play, but seeing as he was at the sideline already, it made no difference. he made a huge play to put the offense in a great position and you're obviously just looking for a reason to nitpick the guy.

:willy_nilly:

oh no the name calling and your use of sarcasm...how terrible?? oh noooo

Listen man. As I said before in relation to the topic. I said neither one of these WR's impress me. The fact that I question LaFell's conditioning is my opinion. He looked tired on the play. If this statement upsets you...go to another thread

Archived