• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Moar Wookies

SevenSixes

The 2012 preseason started in October.

i don't have a problem with this. for the fans, aside from this past week, we are getting to see some exciting football. might not result in wins right now, but it's been fun to watch anyway.

the wins will come starting next year. i'm excited to watch this team grow.

In the locker room after the game, veteran offensive lineman Jordan Gross said Rivera made it clear that - more than halfway through the season - the future would start now.

"He said that was nowhere near good enough, that he was going to watch the tape and see who wants to play and who doesn't, and go from there," Gross said. "He didn't lie to us. He didn't sugarcoat it."

Rivera believes his team got the message.

"I hope they do understand. We'll reiterate it," he said. "It's part of the game. It's the nature of the game. This is about a developing football team."

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/11/15/2778977/rivera-panthers-look-to-future.html#ixzz1duGvxZbY

I said God damn!

Jobs just got put on notice, and people are saying RR is soft >.>

i read down to "it makes me want to puke" and figured it wasn't worth further reading.

It was about as much fun having to write it.

it's not giving up on the season. it's about trying to build and develop a consistent winning football team.

yes, a consistent football team we will field some year in the future, as your next sentence betrays..

we are looking at what we have to work with to find out who we want to build around.

Do you see this kind of focus being reported about Miami? Denver? KC? Redskins? No they are still in "whatever it take to win" mode. They aren't in the shut it down and eval mode yet, it will take 3 more weeks to get there for most of them (Miami in 2).

How funny would it be if John Fox got into the playoffs with Teabow and Matt Moore won more games than Cam? Yea, not very.

the young guys they have been giving a lot of PT to have been in there to see how they fit into what the team wants to do.

The crux is that the "Youngry" that couldn't beat a vet outright are now taking the field. Will we loose every game here on out? Probably not, but if you were looking for a streak to hang next years hat on, well, we most likely won't get that either.

I would have read the rest, but I'm feeling lazy today too..

I said God damn!

Jobs just got put on notice, and people are saying RR is soft >.>

no kidding. i don't see how people can't be loving this.

It was about as much fun having to write it.

yes, a consistent football team we will field some year in the future, as your next sentence betrays..

Do you see this kind of focus being reported about Miami? Denver? KC? Redskins? No they are still in "whatever it take to win" mode. They aren't in the shut it down and eval mode yet, it will take 3 more weeks to get there for most of them (Miami in 2).

How funny would it be if John Fox got into the playoffs with Teabow and Matt Moore won more games than Cam? Yea, not very.

The crux is that the "Youngry" that couldn't beat a vet outright are now taking the field. Will we loose every game here on out? Probably not, but if you were looking for a streak to hang next years hat on, well, we most likely won't get that either.

I would have read the rest, but I'm feeling lazy today too..

lazy and narrow-minded viewpoint results in a lame understanding of the big picture.

screw trying to build a team that can win consistently in the future, even if it results in a few more losses than we would like this year. if they aren't doing it now they've failed.

brilliant outlook.

The Panther fan base has to be one of the most pathetic fan bases in all of football, jeez man, go ahead, give your tickets to the Rotary Club. Alot of these posts, not yours in particular, but alot of these, are from the same people that at the beginning of the season, their expectations were, "well, I don't expect us to win more than 2 or 3 games" but now that they've seen we've competed with some good teams, you forget just how young this team is, and injuries have killed our defense and special teams.

All you Negative Norbits, step away from the ledge!

i read down to "it makes me want to puke and figured it wasn't worth further reading.

as to the actual article, i liked it. esp these parts...

it's not giving up on the season. it's about trying to build and develop a consistent winning football team. we are looking at what we have to work with to find out who we want to build around. the young guys they have been giving a lot of PT to have been in there to see how they fit into what the team wants to do.

i love what gross said rivera told them. they were going to look at the tape to see who wants to play and who doesn't. we should be seeing some changes this coming week in personnel, mainly who gets more PT. guys who were playing half assed football will probably be sitting while they put in hungry guys to see what they have.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQzKhQJhaIX8XRuzALvGRY-qFyDdWEmFY_80ORaVQtWQkf1WIFSMA

seriously, they are rebuilding. it was bound to get messy. can't dwell on the mess today, though. you've got to be thinking ahead just like they are.

FINALLY someone who has their head on straight. Good poo man...

The Panther fan base has to be one of the most pathetic fan bases in all of football, jeez man, go ahead, give your tickets to the Rotary Club. Alot of these posts, not yours in particular, but alot of these, are from the same people that at the beginning of the season, their expectations were, "well, I don't expect us to win more than 2 or 3 games" but now that they've seen we've competed with some good teams, you forget just how young this team is, and injuries have killed our defense and special teams.

All you Negative Norbits, step away from the ledge!

Amen!!!!

Archived