• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching Staff

unicar15

Sick of hearing about how this is a new staff. We had a 24-7 lead on this team and we just had a complete meltdown. Their halftime preparation must consist of sniffing each other's butt cracks and telling Cam that his smells the best because it sure as hell isn't coming up with deficiencies in the gameplan. Most coaching staffs start to think about what the other team is going to do to COUNTER the momentum in the 2nd half. This coaching staff thinks that every other team is made up of a bunch of idiots and that nobody else makes halftime adjustments.

Chud - Run the damn ball. You have two STUD running backs. Commit to the run so we can hold on to a freaking lead and so that our 7th round draft pick defense doesn't have to play 3/4 of the game. They suck as it is don't make it worse.

McDermott - You're fired. The end.

Rivera - All of the above is also your fault.

Hurney - You're fired too for condemning us to having a secondary that includes Captain Munnerlyn and Darius Butler and a LB corp that we all knew wasn't going to stay healthy this year.

Right now I'm not a Rivera believer and I wouldn't be upset if he got canned at the end of this season. You can't compare this team to last year's team and say that its acceptable to have 2 wins because last year's team sucked too. Last year's team had a high school JV QB and a defense that was just as bad as this year's. This year's team is putting up 25ppg and losing because of stupid mental mistakes, a lack of toughness, and a COMPLETE lack of adaptation to the other team's scheme.

Why is everyone defending the coaching staff, and calling the people who critique them dumb.

The coaching has been inconsistent and bad. Why defend them?

My thoughts exactly. I don't get why criticizing a 2-8 staff is dumb when we consistently implode in the 2nd half. I get that our defense is depleted and I get that mistakes are going to be made. But when essentially every single game this season has countless mental mistakes and a lack of toughness that is the fault of the coaching staff. We just gave up 35 second half points after having a 17 point lead. Someone please tell me how the coaching staff deserves a pass on this? Marty Hurney sure as hell doesn't deserve a pass but its not all on Hurney and its not all on the lack of players we have on defense.

Archived