• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Broncos with two number ones the next two years

Matt Foley

I could see them giving up the latter of the two number 1's + a 2 for Peppers. That would mean they essentially gave up their disgruntled franchise QB for Julius Peppers, a 1st, and a 2nd. Could happen in theory I suppose.

I like it, win for both teams... but Denver was not on Peppers list of teams he'd be willing to get traded to.

Maybe now that the market is not what Peppers and his agent thought it would be Denver will make the list?

I don't know how much credibility I give that 4 team list anymore. Something happened along the way, I don't claim to know what, but something happened that made Pep shut up and let the big boys talk. Now hopefully, whatever negotiations they may or may not have been in, have halted or taken a slightly different approach now that there is a team with 2 1st's to play with. Can you imagine if we traded him and ended up with Larry English and Sen’derrick Marks for Peppers?!?! Now I'm dreaming, but it's late in the day and I'm bored.

i highly doubt we would get 2 first for peppers. maybe one of their first and a third at the very most.

I didn't say two 1st's. I said the latter of their two 1st's (their 18th overall, from CHI) and a 2nd (their 48th overall).

I would even take a 1 and a 3, and then package our two 3's and give it to NE for their early 2 (34th overall), because they've got 3 2's already. Then we've got a solid 1, a great 2, and then our latter-half 2. with the production the Panthers get from ones and two's, I could see us getting 3 stars that way. You heard it here first, make it happen Marty!

Archived