• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So is there any doubt left as to what position our pick will be?

unicar15

Kalil is a rare talent, there is no rare talent at DT/LB in top 5 where we pick. So unless we find a great trade down option the pick needs to be Kalil.

Gross is getting old and an Elite Joe Thomas type LT to pair with Cam for his career will set us up well. Especially in a Vertical offense that requires solid OL protection.

There is no unit on this team that is worse than the CBs. We have ONE legitimate CB playing right now and he is pushing 30. Who knows how Hogan is going to turn out. I know that our OL sucks right now but IMO that has more to do with Cam not knowing the right protections to call not necessarily the talent of the unit. Jordan Gross is still a very good LT...we don't need to replace him.

Our defense is terrible and yes part of that is due to the DTs but drafting another rookie to come in and start over 2 second year players and Ron Edwards will do nothing to upgrade our team next year. Get a FA DT next year if we are that worried about the position.

LB COULD be an option but again...how reliable is it to judge that unit this year when we are missing one of the top 3 LBs in all of football?

CB is a position where a rookie could come in with Claiborne or Kirkpatrick's skills and upgrade the defense immediately. Captain Munnerlyn has not been "playing well" this year. The guy can't cover AT ALL. I'll give it to him that he plays his heart out and is very physical when he can run the receiver down. But he can't jam anyone at the line and he can't cover anyone once they get out into the field. Its time to upgrade the position...the end.

I think who we draft really depends on where we draft. If we have a top 3 pick, we might be able to trade down with a team for extra picks. If we can't trade down and we pick in the top 3, Kalil is the best player available. If we draft 5-10, we'll probably take Claiborne or a LB. The more I've watched this team, the more I realize Byron Bell is a liability. He'll be great depth for the future, but imagine a O-line with Kalil/Wharton/Kalil/Schwartz/Gross.

Huh? The Panthers have done decent against the pass and the secondary is hardly the problem. They get no pressure and have horrible DTs.

they do "decent against the pass" because our run offense is so terrible teams don't bother passing most of the time. every time the other QB has to step up and make plays with their arm we get torched.

If we are sticking with this offense we need a stud OL to allow plays to develop and not get Cam killed.

In a trade down we could still get a good LT if its not kalil.

My money says the Redskins make a huge trade offer to get the #2 QB, whether that runs out to be Barkley, jones or Griffen

they do "decent against the pass" because our run offense is so terrible teams don't bother passing most of the time. every time the other QB has to step up and make plays with their arm we get torched.

There's no point wasting draft picks and money on a secondary if your defensive line is pushed around by every team in the league. The Panthers would be better off building up a punishing defensive line.

Archived