• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

tebows vs bolts

mav1234

the thing is, The Golden Calf of Bristol is protecting the ball and eating clock, shortening the game considerably. as long as his defense holds other teams offenses to low scoring games, they have a real chance to win.

that being said, I can't wait to see this team play new england

The Golden Calf of Bristol is not a rookie. I don't understand this logic. Not like he was hurt his entire rookie season... hell he even played some games that year.

Playing time wise, he is a rookie. He got in a few games last year towards the end of the season and got to take some snaps, but he has fewer than 10 starts and is still learning the NFL (and the offense for that matter). Not saying he will ever be a pro bowler, but with experience, he could end up a adequate qb.

Fwiw, imo Jimmy Clausen is still a rookie.

Love him or hate him, he makes things interesting.

I like him because everyone else hates him. I love a good villain.

His attitude towards the game is flawless and his teammates clearly love him. No he's not conventional, but the record speaks for itself - he gets the job done.

He's never going to be a conventional drop back passer, no. If they Broncos convert fully to the spread option that Florida ran then receivers will be wide open enough for The Golden Calf of Bristol to hit them.

If they try to put him into a conventional offence he'll fail. Also his success vindicates McDaniels drafting him imo. McDaniels ran a spread - he'd have run the ball with The Golden Calf of Bristol and given him high percentage completions to stop the D keying on the run all the time.

Ahh, I understand what you mean. Well, I can kinda get that, but imo, The Golden Calf of Bristol has deficiencies that aren't just going to fix themselves with time and work.

But he could still grow and certainly become an adequate QB.

Yea, he could. Don't know if he will of course, and as more teams get game film of him, he might actually regress a bit.

But give John Fox an adequate qb, a solid run game and defense, and good special teams, and he will have denver in competition for the playoffs most years.

Archived